The Fiiipino Woman

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
It will then no longer be his or mine but OURS! it will not then be I love because you love me but rather, I love you because...I love you! That's a Filipina woman...she will simply fit in the world her man provided for her!Now that is a statement I can totally agree with .... and very well put Daisy :SugarwareZ-037: ....... why do I agree with it ........ because I am experiencing it every day in my life now ....... if someone told me I would be this happy a year ago I would have told them "yea ... right ... that's bunch of crap" .........
Stop it, ya going to make me cry :23_11_62[1]: Ah love a happy ending, good for you Mike.Happy in the Philippines SugarwareZ-225.gif

Sampaguita
Posted
Posted
Today's Filipina is just like any other woman in the world except for the fact that most grow up in the knowledge that life is hard! In any typical Filipino family. she is the most over worked among the siblings. She take care even her older brother's needs. If and when family coffer is limited, there is no question about it, the needs of the brother, say schooling is the priority. Although i could not speak for myself but I could see it among neighbors, friends and relatives. It is as if the woman in the family is train to give way to whatever is the ambition of the man in the family. With such family background, there is no wonder that oftentimes, most of the Filipinas are stronger in strenght and character among the Filipino male counterpart. As most are used in pampering the male species, her maturity is advance. Her maturity age is 18, his is 21! :23_11_62[1]: She is grown up, he is growing up. ^_^ In conclusion, just wait for her to be 25 and she can match any age of her male counterpart all over the world! SugarwareZ-003.gif
You tell them girl. :SugarwareZ-037:

paul
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately, many Filipinas do not mature until they are in their early 30's. In the Philippines, a woman is looked upon as being an old maid by the time she is 25, if not married. However, nowadays, the more "modern" Filipina seems to be waiting a bit longer, if not at all, to marry.The Filipina, though, is definitely a very strong woman. I have found no woman, from any culture I have been introduced to, who equals a Filipina.

daisy
Posted
Posted
'Mrs. Lee' date='Oct 12 2008, 03:38 AM' post='755']You tell them girl. :36_1_68[1]:
Yes Nila, I will! :1 (72): Here's one.... we always make the man of our life feels that he is the most important man on earth! We do "boss" them around but we do serve them 24/7! SugarwareZ-035.gif

• 2 weeks later...
AngelofBroden
Posted
Posted

I got to disagree with you on that one Daisy ....... it is only true if he lets her ...... she may be in a supportive roll to his success but most of the time unless she is an aggressive ... nagging .... strong willed and hard headed and he is just the opposite will she be able to make or break him ....... it takes the efforts of BOTH partners for anyone to be successful in today's world .....Now as for 18 yo Filipinas being mature ...... in my limited experience being here and observing both the males and females I have to say that both have a long way to go before seeing any maturity ......... just watch almost all of the young clerks in the various stores ...... playing .... hiding and generally grab-*ssing around ...... there is a lot more to maturity than taking care of someone or having to work ...... give them a choice between putting 100p in the bank or buying a new cell phone and see what happens ....... bet'ch they'll have the new cell phone ....... fortunately for the Filipina growing up she has had to learn to cook and take care of her brothers and sisters as well as other household chores so she is well equipped to provide for her future husband or family ...... many Filipino boys ... especially those raised in the farming ... fishing or animal raising environments are required to help their fathers in supporting the family but in either case not all are so inclined ...... taken out of the family environment and you get many different scenarios ...... some good and some not so good There is enough room on this planet for both men and women with out one dominating the other ....... instead they should compliment each other ....... All this is IMHO ........ (In My Humble Opinion)You assessed this aspect of the Filipino culture very well. I was going to ask you if you had been in the country for a long time, the way you hit the nail right on the head. Daisy raised a valid point as well in that generally, women in the Philippines are brought up to help around the house, eventually taking over the chores from the mother. But a good number of the male populace were also raised to be the bread-winner when the father is unable to do so. Anyways, I'd like to think that a Filipina woman still upholds the old-fashioned values of family and love, but liberated enough to embrace and and live the modern world's opportunities and challenges. I'd like to think that we are a good balance between a truly wonderful, loving wife and mom above all while remaining a good daughter and sister, and an excellent workforce that positively contributes to the community we live in.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Welcome AngelofBroden :D Good to have another Filipina on board to keep some of us in line.I personally like the comment from Daisy "There is enough room on this planet for both men and women with out one dominating the other ....... instead they should compliment each other"We all have different talents and women are a lot better at some things than a man can be and a man is a lot better at some things than a woman can be and much of that is about size, strength and emotional make up. :D I know that my wife can do a lot of things I can't and one is remember the things she wants to remember. :SugarwareZ-037: By the way, you are now a full member. :10001:

AngelofBroden
Posted
Posted (edited)
Welcome AngelofBroden :D Good to have another Filipina on board to keep some of us in line.I personally like the comment from Daisy "There is enough room on this planet for both men and women with out one dominating the other ....... instead they should compliment each other"We all have different talents and women are a lot better at some things than a man can be and a man is a lot better at some things than a woman can be and much of that is about size, strength and emotional make up. :D I know that my wife can do a lot of things I can't and one is remember the things she wants to remember. :SugarwareZ-037: By the way, you are now a full member. :10001:
Thanks Mr. Lee SugarwareZ-003.gif Well, as for remembering things.. sometimes Broden and I remember totally different things than what we thought we are trying to.. Luckily, our son has a knack of making sense of our remembering the wrong things, and directs us to the right one! Well, I hope this makes sense... with so many 'remember' and 'remembering' it does sound confusing!BTW, I think it was Mike S. who said "There is enough room on this planet for both men and women with out one dominating the other ....... instead they should compliment each other."23_11_60[2].gif Edited by AngelofBroden

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I sit corrected and Mike S is a smart man :SugarwareZ-037: and I should have read back up to look who said what. :as-if: I thought I remembered Daisy saying that and that goes to show you that my mind is worse than I thought it was. :10001: :D :D I am just lucky to have my wife by my side for so many reasons and her memory is just a very small part of how lucky I am. SugarwareZ-004.gif :D

AngelofBroden
Posted
Posted

No problem Mr. L :SugarwareZ-037: I make the same mistake from time to time, and I'm pretty sure I am younger than you SugarwareZ-005.gif .. Regards to you and Nila :10001: