Posted (edited)

for our members from texas,

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
fixed wrong size video link and embedded it correctly
  • Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Great video with a hidden message. Same as Florida.... Criminals are never sure.... as compared to non gun friendly states.  

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

With so many persons carrying concealed firearms, how do you avoid getting yourself in the middle of a fire fight? Are there assurances everyone knows how to properly handle firearms before they are permitted to carry a concealed weapon? 

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)

With so many persons carrying concealed firearms, how do you avoid getting yourself in the middle of a fire fight? Are there assurances everyone knows how to properly handle firearms before they are permitted to carry a concealed weapon? 

Well I have been legally carrying since 1987 (legally, got it) when the law changed for the better and allowed us to carry. While the news papers predicted 'wild west' shoot outs and similar issues. It never happened. In the published cases of people using their guns, it is case after case of one of 'us' stopping an armed robbery or other violent crime. Over 2 million licenses have been issued since 1987. Not all are renewed... but today I would say there are about 1 million active licenses.

Most of todays police officers became police officer after this law went into effect. While the police in NY or NJ go into a panic and case after case of the police assaulting the motorist who states when asked, that yes, he has a gun in the car (or on him), the police in Florida who every day make traffic stops with armed drivers, it is no big deal beyond keeping alert. Remember that each person with a permit has passed a FBI criminal background check. (Employers looking at new hires are aware of this, saves money and provides a deeper background check on prospective hires) *

Humans are human and sometimes do stupid things. But the vast majority of us have had no issues and there are ample cases of a gun being used or shown (not brandishing). Look at the current George Zimmerman case. If he did not have a gun, he would either had brain damaged from his head being beaten into the concrete or he would be dead. Each day of the trial brings more photos and testimony that Zimmerman was not lying and he was the victim.

But wait! There is MORE! (RIP Billy Mays) Zimmerman is just the kind of guy you want to be able to carry a gun. (WHAT?) How many times have you read a news article about a woman being raped in broad daylight and NO ONE did anything to help her? A man like Zimmerman, legally carrying a gun, would have gotten involved. He cares. Cares about his community where he was a volunteer watchman. He cares about people. Not the kind of stuff the media wants you to think about. But if you or your loved one was attacked... Zimmerman or someone like him is a blessing to be walking by and seeing or hearing the attack. The chances of Zimmerman hiding in the bushes and jumping out to attack someone like Travon Martin did are not very high. (Trayvon Martin, testimony yesterday and today)    

I and many many many others are Zimmerman. The gun is just a tool. What is more important is the person using the tool.     

JJ, here is a Hawaii question..... One of your 'holidays' is called, I think I am saying it right....'Howie' Day? :hystery: What would happen on that day, IF Hawaii became a right to carry state??? :tiphat:

* This past week the EEOC issued new hiring guidelines basically saying that if the prospective employee is white, go ahead and do a background check. But if the prospective hire is a 'minority' and you do a background check and find a criminal history AND do not hire that person, YOU yes YOU may be sued for discrimination! .... I am not kidding..... Defies logic... because YOU have to pay the costs of any employee theft or if they harm a customer, you will be sued for 'negligent hiring'. The EEOC has no answer about why hiring a minority with a criminal record is more important than protecting your customers or company assets.

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 4

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

I have nothing against firearms. The family Land Rover had a concealed Italian Lupara (sawed-off shotgun) under the dashboard of the front passenger seat. The driver was instructed to lean back in case the robbery was from his side. The Lupara was held by two special clips. My side arm was a 9mm Beretta. A permit to carry a concealed weapon was not necessary in those days. Things change with the imposition of martial law by Marcos. High powered rifles with scopes including my .220 Swift were confiscated. Private armies were also disbanded.  

Hawaii has strict firearms laws. For some reason I never felt a need to buy one. If I change my residency to Texas, I will join the crowd. That would include buying a pick-up truck with a gun rack. 

An FBI background check informs me that the individual has no criminal record. It does not tell me if he knows when and how to use his concealed weapon. 

• Like 1

samatm
Posted
Posted

When I was a  TX student in HS,  The principal issued a gun ban  --- no more guns in gun racks.   Why  ---  Several deer rifles had been stolen in the parking lot.    

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

I have nothing against firearms. The family Land Rover had a concealed Italian Lupara (sawed-off shotgun) under the dashboard of the front passenger seat. The driver was instructed to lean back in case the robbery was from his side. The Lupara was held by two special clips. My side arm was a 9mm Beretta. A permit to carry a concealed weapon was not necessary in those days. Things change with the imposition of martial law by Marcos. High powered rifles with scopes including my .220 Swift were confiscated. Private armies were also disbanded.  

Hawaii has strict firearms laws. For some reason I never felt a need to buy one. If I change my residency to Texas, I will join the crowd. That would include buying a pick-up truck with a gun rack. 

An FBI background check informs me that the individual has no criminal record. It does not tell me if he knows when and how to use his concealed weapon. 

There is required training to get a concealed handgun licence in Texas, training almost always given by off duty police officers. No pass, no play.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
There is required training to get a concealed handgun licence in Texas, training almost always given by off duty police officers. No pass, no play.

This is good to know. Is it the same for other gun states like Florida?

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Yes, Florida has required training to get the permit. But even with no training, a simple revoilver and pint and pull the trigger thinking, it is better than nothing. Sadly, the value of life has dropped off the page. In years gone by, it was simply a robbery. Now, it is a robbery and murder to eliminate the witness (YOU)... So with damned if you do and damned if you don't, you may have a chance if you have a gun. or someone you may be with who may not have a gun may be able to use yours to stop the situation. 

The OLD and well DISPROVEN theory of DO Not Resist, Not Worth Your Life....well that thinking just is out dated and dangerous.  

• Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted

Yes, Florida has required training to get the permit. But even with no training, a simple revoilver and pint and pull the trigger thinking, it is better than nothing. Sadly, the value of life has dropped off the page. In years gone by, it was simply a robbery. Now, it is a robbery and murder to eliminate the witness (YOU)... So with damned if you do and damned if you don't, you may have a chance if you have a gun. or someone you may be with who may not have a gun may be able to use yours to stop the situation. 

The OLD and well DISPROVEN theory of DO Not Resist, Not Worth Your Life....well that thinking just is out dated and dangerous.  

Perhaps the residents of Florida, Texas etc should consider moving to a safe country ................ like the Philippines  :thumbsup: