Shopping In Texas

Bruce
Posted
Posted
Perhaps the residents of Florida, Texas etc should consider moving to a safe country ................ like the Philippines

It is more FUN in Florida and Texas :tiphat: ..........

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

There is required training to get a concealed handgun licence in Texas, training almost always given by off duty police officers. No pass, no play.

This is good to know. Is it the same for other gun states like Florida?

Yes, Florida has required training to get the permit. But even with no training, a simple revoilver and pint and pull the trigger thinking, it is better than nothing. Sadly, the value of life has dropped off the page. In years gone by, it was simply a robbery. Now, it is a robbery and murder to eliminate the witness (YOU)... So with damned if you do and damned if you don't, you may have a chance if you have a gun. or someone you may be with who may not have a gun may be able to use yours to stop the situation. 

The OLD and well DISPROVEN theory of DO Not Resist, Not Worth Your Life....well that thinking just is out dated and dangerous.  

Perhaps the residents of Florida, Texas etc should consider moving to a safe country ................ like the Philippines  :thumbsup:

Do you mean they should move from states where everyone can legally obtain and carry a firearm except convicted felons, those below the age of consent or those barred due to mental illness and move to the Philippines, where  everyone can legally have a firearm but them? Fuzzy thinking in my opinion. :tiphat:

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

In the last post I should have noted there must be laws in the RP that bar some people from owning a firearm but that law enforcement in the Philippines seems rather selective in it's application and 10,000 peso may result in have a nice day sir, for an offence that might not land you in prison in the US but could cost you more than $10,000 dollars in legal fees several years of community supervision with associated fees greater than $10,000 and disbar you from legally owning or carrying a firearm. I think that on average the RP would be neither safer nor more dangerous than the US, probably a lot safer than when I lived in North Hollywood California. I bet they feel much safer since I left. :)

• Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted

There is required training to get a concealed handgun licence in Texas, training almost always given by off duty police officers. No pass, no play.

This is good to know. Is it the same for other gun states like Florida?

Yes, Florida has required training to get the permit. But even with no training, a simple revoilver and pint and pull the trigger thinking, it is better than nothing. Sadly, the value of life has dropped off the page. In years gone by, it was simply a robbery. Now, it is a robbery and murder to eliminate the witness (YOU)... So with damned if you do and damned if you don't, you may have a chance if you have a gun. or someone you may be with who may not have a gun may be able to use yours to stop the situation. 

The OLD and well DISPROVEN theory of DO Not Resist, Not Worth Your Life....well that thinking just is out dated and dangerous.  

Perhaps the residents of Florida, Texas etc should consider moving to a safe country ................ like the Philippines  :thumbsup:

Do you mean they should move from states where everyone can legally obtain and carry a firearm except convicted felons, those below the age of consent or those barred due to mental illness and move to the Philippines, where  everyone can legally have a firearm but them? Fuzzy thinking in my opinion. :tiphat:

Have you ever heard of irony?

robert k
Posted
Posted

I am familiar with irony but this doesn't smack of irony to me. Someone moving from a country where one is not allowed to have firearms to the RP and saying it was safer, that would be irony.

Comparing the crime rate of some place like Kennesaw Georgia USA where the head of household is required to maintain a firearm and ammunition, unless legally barred [crime rate far lower than surrounding areas, violent crime more than 80% lower per 1,000 than the Georgia average] to someplace like New York City or Chicago, per thousand, where gun ownership is prohibited or severely curtailed, that is irony. Or Switzerland, if they would use all their fully automatic assault rifles and squad automatic weapons they keep at home to murder each other, since nobody can resist doing so by conventional logic, I would think that ironic because for once the conventional wisdom would have been proved right. I don't think the Swiss are supermen, I think they were raised properly, and have maintained a polite society with respect for others, nothing more. It's the 4th of July here, I am going to have a great day enjoying my rights as a citizen, same as every other day but today with barbeque ; )

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted
I don't think the Swiss are supermen, I think they were raised properly, and have maintained a polite society with respect for others

Actually, it is a mono-racial country, up until the recent forced quota of muslim immigration. So is Phils.....  Compare and contrast to 'multi ethnic' countries.

such as the US for crime rates.

Now then, T H A T   I S   I  R O N Y   

Also look at Sweden's violent crime rate of 20 years ago and of today. Look at their rape rates, where something like 80% of all rapes are committed by 'recent

immigrants'. Sadly, the press in Sweden is controlled by the government. Very little is allowed to be told about 'recent immigrants' From a human standpoint..... 

Thousands of 'new immigrant crime' victims would never have been a victim of a rape or violent crime IF their government had examined the conduct of 'new immigrants' action in other countries and their demands and more demand and more demands... and then said NO NO NO NO NO we will now allow 'them' to immigrate to Sweden.  Now THAT IS MORE IRONY! :th_unfair:  :attention:

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Japan has some of the toughest gun control laws in the world. It is difficult to even own a shotgun for hunting or a target pistol for sports. The incidences of gun violence is limited to the Yakuza gangs who smuggle weapons into the country and sometimes use them to settle internal arguments. 

What they don't tell you is the use of knives to settle arguments. It's a controlled press. The wife of a close friend is an emergency room nurse. They get 4 or 5 knifing incidents every night. So for Japan it is a question of weapon used. As a visitor to the country, you are not affected because the professional gangsters shoot only each other and high school gangs use knives. A particularly violent crime like a wife cutting off a portion of her husband's anatomy for cheating is reported by the press in the Japanese language only. Usually the husband is drunk, which helps reduce the pain.

Curley
Posted
Posted

I am familiar with irony but this doesn't smack of irony to me. Someone moving from a country where one is not allowed to have firearms to the RP and saying it was safer, that would be irony.

Comparing the crime rate of some place like Kennesaw Georgia USA where the head of household is required to maintain a firearm and ammunition, unless legally barred [crime rate far lower than surrounding areas, violent crime more than 80% lower per 1,000 than the Georgia average] to someplace like New York City or Chicago, per thousand, where gun ownership is prohibited or severely curtailed, that is irony. Or Switzerland, if they would use all their fully automatic assault rifles and squad automatic weapons they keep at home to murder each other, since nobody can resist doing so by conventional logic, I would think that ironic because for once the conventional wisdom would have been proved right. I don't think the Swiss are supermen, I think they were raised properly, and have maintained a polite society with respect for others, nothing more. It's the 4th of July here, I am going to have a great day enjoying my rights as a citizen, same as every other day but today with barbeque ; )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=CQXPjLBc6Nk&feature=endscreen

robert k
Posted
Posted

Curley, did you catch the switch from assault rifle and ammo then he mentions handgun murders?  I suggest you not get your statistics from youtube clips of comedy shows that can't keep their facts separated, but it's up to you. :tiphat:

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

I watched the You Tube comedy show submitted by Curley. Indeed! The Swiss are becoming more violent. Maybe they should reduce the ammunition issued per assault rifle from 72 to 36 rounds. This way those Swiss Army reservists would kill less civilians.

I told a couple of Swiss friends the story about how the Italian states kept warring among themselves and yet they gave us the Italian Renaissance. Their Swiss neighbors to the north were at peace and the only thing they were able to produce was the Cuckoo clock. Most would take offense. Our friends wanted a piece of paper so they can write the joke down to retell when they got home.