Free Xoom Transfer Now! Code

Mike S
Posted
Posted
Are you still getting the free codes .... ?????? Don't know but if there is one I might use it.

Look up Xoom coupons with Google and you come up with this ........ http://www.retailmenot.com/view/xoom.com ....... the code worked for me when I signed up last night and sent $50 to my asawa .....

Unfortunately they canceled my transaction for what reason I don't know .... I have to request a ruling from the Customer Verification and Compliance Team .... so I guess I was a bad boy and did something wrong or they don't like my USA Box address or they tried to call me on my MagicJack phone which I don't keep plugged in .... who knows .... but I'll let you know when I find out ....

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Are you still getting the free codes .... ?????? Don't know but if there is one I might use it.

Look up Xoom coupons with Google and you come up with this ........ http://www.retailmenot.com/view/xoom.com ....... the code worked for me when I signed up last night and sent $50 to my asawa .....

Unfortunately they canceled my transaction for what reason I don't know .... I have to request a ruling from the Customer Verification and Compliance Team .... so I guess I was a bad boy and did something wrong or they don't like my USA Box address or they tried to call me on my MagicJack phone which I don't keep plugged in .... who knows .... but I'll let you know when I find out ....

Actually I did do a search but there were so many results I didn't read any.  Hope you get the $50!  That would be great!

MikeB
Posted
Posted

They make money on the exchange rate, yesterday it was 42.30 when I checked. You need to use different email addresses for sender and recipient and make sure the acct numbers are correct if you're transferring from bank to bank.

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

They make money on the exchange rate, yesterday it was 42.30 when I checked. You need to use different email addresses for sender and recipient and make sure the acct numbers are correct if you're transferring from bank to bank.

I had US $'s sent to my address here under my asawa's name and used my USA Box address in the US .... the money was to be sent to SM according to their website .... they list the places that you can pick up US $'s ....

Actually I did do a search but there were so many results I didn't read any. Hope you get the $50! That would be great!

I used the first add in the website I posted as it had the most successful ratings ..... (code is ..... comeback2013) ..... sadly like I said they canceled my transaction before they sent it ... waiting for an answer from them as to why .....

:cheersty:

Edited by Mike S

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

This is what I am curious about.  If you send $ to $, there is no exchange rate, so are they still only going to charge $4.99?

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well here is the answer i got back from the "Customer Verification and Compliance Team" ......

We are unable to authenticate your Xoom profile, as well as the intent of your transaction.

Now that is about as clear as mud to me .... so I guess they don't want my business ..... and just what would the "intent of my transaction be" ..... duh .... to send money from a bank in the US to a person in the Phils. ..... at least that would be my guess .... 

As to authenticating my Xoom profile .... not sure just what that means unless they tried to call me on my MagicJack ..... bet'ch if I had sent pesos instead of dollars they would have been happy to except my transfer cause they would have made money on it instead of not getting anything ..... F*#k a duck .... guess I'll have to figure out something else ..... :bash: :thumbsup:

GregZ
Posted
Posted

She tells us that they get a new code every month shared there.  If she gets one for August I'll put it here,

If you could put any codes that you get here that would be a great service to the members and certainly worth a few beers. Thanks again for the July one.

comeback2013 is the November code.  Good ONE TIME per account.

Just a couple of questions .... I used Xoom years ago when I was still in the US .... I checked out their website but I find it always better to find someone actually using certain services so you don't get hit by hidden costs ....

Are you still getting the free codes .... ??????

Can you set up an account from here in the Phils to send money from the US to here ????....

Can you send it to yourself or does it like some have to be sent to someone else????

Is it really only $4 to send US $ to places like MLHuiller and Globe .... and do they keep US $ there (I don't want to pay the high exchange rate with Xoom)

I was looking for a back up plan in case the bank where I write checks to goes crazy and stops doing it .... or I run out of checks ... or I need money in a hurry ...

I could not get the October code to work.  November worked just now though.

I just paid with my bank account to transfer USD:USD from USA to Philippines via Xoom.com for free with pickup in cash and NO EXCHANGE fee since I am PICKING UP IN DOLLARS.  Then I can exchange at the better rate locally.  They also offered it for credit card payment.

Remember, if you transfer to pickup or deposit pesos you will get a lower exchange rate.  But check where you pickup the dollars.  They may give you a good exchange rate; definitely better than if you pickup in pesos.

I set up my account from the PHILS and have used it on both sides of the water.  NO PROBLEMS.

Send money to yourself?  Xoom prefers you send it to yourself if you are in country.  Send to whom you like though.

FREE to send with the code.

Mike, I am curious about some of your questions so I will bump this up with a few of the answers.

* some deleted*

This is the part I would like to know more about.  When I used Xoom I never thought about send $ to a $ account because I did not have a $ account back then.  On the website, it says you can send to a $ account, so if the charge is only $4.99, that is a deal!  Please test it and let us know!  :)

Bank Deposit to the Philippines
  • Quick and convenient
  • Send in minutes to PNB and Metrobank accounts
  • Send in one hour to BDO and in a few hours to BPI accounts
  • Fast service to all other banks
  • Send to either Peso or USD accounts

I was looking for a back up plan in case the bank where I write checks to goes crazy and stops doing it .... or I run out of checks ... or I need money in a hurry ...

I did bank to bank and no problems.  FREE, but I did USD to peso as I did not have a dollar account to transfer into.  That was into another persons account.

Well here is the answer i got back from the "Customer Verification and Compliance Team" ......

We are unable to authenticate your Xoom profile, as well as the intent of your transaction.

Now that is about as clear as mud to me .... so I guess they don't want my business ..... and just what would the "intent of my transaction be" ..... duh .... to send money from a bank in the US to a person in the Phils. ..... at least that would be my guess .... 

As to authenticating my Xoom profile .... not sure just what that means unless they tried to call me on my MagicJack ..... bet'ch if I had sent pesos instead of dollars they would have been happy to except my transfer cause they would have made money on it instead of not getting anything ..... F*#k a duck .... guess I'll have to figure out something else ..... :bash: :thumbsup:

You may want to call them.  I called once and they were GREAT on the telephone.  They did not do what I wanted, but were very clear about WHY.  They have very tight security rules in place.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
GregZ
Posted
Posted

Dec 2013 code for Xoom transfers is "decbonus"

I used it and worked just fine.  Remember, only 1 time use per account.  Still ZERO cost if sending US dollars.  Get the higher rate at the changer there.

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
GregZ
Posted
Posted

March 2014 code for FREE Xoom transfers is "MARCHALONG"

I used it and worked just fine.  Remember, only 1 time use per account.  Still ZERO cost if sending US dollars.  Get the higher rate at the changer there.

:thumbsup:

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Thanks Greg, I also used it a few days ago and saved 5 bucks.

• Like 1