Free Xoom Transfer Now! Code

Hewy09
Posted
Posted

I have never tried Xoom? Where would my asawa need to pick up the transfer?

Where would I need to go to send from? Are there outlets like WU

I only have used western union and the $9.50 cdn$ fee drives me crazy.

Sent from my iPhone. buhay ay mahusay na! magsaya.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

You can register and do it online from your bank or credit card. There are many locations for cash pickup, check the link - https://www.xoom.com/philippines/cash-pickup

jpbago
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have never tried Xoom? Where would my asawa need to pick up the transfer?

Where would I need to go to send from? Are there outlets like WU

I only have used western union and the $9.50 cdn$ fee drives me crazy.

You can't do Xoom from Canada. 

Western Union has 2 options when sending money (money in minutes and next day delivery). If you send money at 11:59:59 AM Toronto time, in 1 second, it is next day in Philippines and Bob is your uncle. It is a 12 hour time difference. Noon is midnight so they can't pick up the money anyway at that time. It cost $8.50 C to send up to $1,000. I did not see that option online only in person.

Edited by jpbago

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Not saying the rates will be better but check out World Remit if you are sending from Canada as well... This is the company I usually use. Pick-up and the cash is available instantly... Or you can have delivered, out in a bank account, used for phone top ups... Pay with a debit card, Visa or MC... Or straight from your bank online... In other word, lots of options.

Sent by using a very long piece of string, a couple tin cans, 2 gaseous monkeys, Tapatalk and my Nexus 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Not saying the rates will be better but check out World Remit if you are sending from Canada as well... This is the company I usually use. Pick-up and the cash is available instantly... Or you can have delivered, out in a bank account, used for phone top ups... Pay with a debit card, Visa or MC... Or straight from your bank online... In other word, lots of options.

Sent by using a very long piece of string, a couple tin cans, 2 gaseous monkeys, Tapatalk and my Nexus 4

Forgot to mention... They will often send you codes for savings on the phone top ups and sometimes even free transfers.

Hewy09
Posted
Posted

I have used world remit but it had taken up to 2 weeks for my wife to be able to receive it and was a real hassle as I had to send her money via western union in the mean time. It happened twice and now I'm gun shy and don't want that to happen again. But I'm always looking for other options to transfer/send her support to her.

I was able to open an Xoom account and I think I will try to send a small amount to see how it goes.

Thanks to all who have and continue to support our community here.

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

In Scarborough, we use PNB remittance.  The exchange rate is usually favorable, and the option we've gone with is to remit to a PNB account in Manila.  With this method, the transaction fee is $10.00 Canadian, to a maximum of $2,500 Cdn remitted.

Since the money is intended for renos, we always remit the max.  It makes the $10.00 fee worth it.

jpbago
Posted
Posted

For larger amounts, a wire transfer Canadian bank to Philippine bank cost $30 for $10,000 C or $50 for $20,000 C.

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

For larger amounts, a wire transfer Canadian bank to Philippine bank cost $30 for $10,000 C or $50 for $20,000 C.

We did the wire transfer a couple of times when we purchased the property in Marinduque, but I think the fees were $35 and $50. In either case, the fees were reasonable for the amounts remitted. We were not too thrilled with the exchange rate though.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I have used world remit but it had taken up to 2 weeks for my wife to be able to receive it and was a real hassle as I had to send her money via western union in the mean time. It happened twice and now I'm gun shy and don't want that to happen again. But I'm always looking for other options to transfer/send her support to her.

I was able to open an Xoom account and I think I will try to send a small amount to see how it goes.

Thanks to all who have and continue to support our community here.

How are you sending the cash? I've Ben using WorldRemit for cash pickup with my Special Someone for 2 years now (I cover her boardinghouse which is next to nothing) and she has been notified the cash is waiting for her within minutes every time. I also pay her tuition direct to the university and send it through WorldRemit. Because this one goes to a bank, it takes "up to 3 days". I have always been notified that the transaction was completed within 2 days.

Really, my only complaint is that I will sometimes receive notice of a no-cost transfer for the start of the month and right after I have sent whatever I was sending.