American Missionary Robbed In Cebu/mandaue City

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

AN American missionary has lost thousands pesos worth of cash and valuables Monday afternoon from unidentified men that carted away valuables from his truck in Mandaue City

, police reports said Wednesday. Reports reaching the Philippine National Police operations center in Camp Crame identified

the American as Rev. John Sullivan, 65,

married and temporary residing at Purok Camotes, Cebu.

The reports said that at around 12:30 p.m. at M.C. Briones Street, Subangdaku, Mandaue City

the American lost his bag containing $3,000; P43,000 in cash; registration papers; senior ID card; LG phone worth P14,000 and a Nikon Camera worth P14,000.

http://www.manilatimes.net/cebu-thieves-pounce-on-american-missionary/17679/

just curious who would be carrying around so much cash?

at least we(I) can be thankful he wasnt killed or hurt during this robbery

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I am not sure this was a robbery. In reading the account, it looks as if it was a vehicle burglary. A loss is still a loss but I did not see anything about a robbery which requires the presence of a victim.  

• Like 1

Daydreamer
Posted
Posted
just curious who would be carrying around so much cash? at least we(I) can be thankful he wasnt killed or hurt during this robbery

Even more curious, is what was he doing leaving all those high $$$ items in an unlocked vehicle and in plain sight. Common sense would tell you that just because its Cebu don't mean that no one will take the opportunity to take your stuff when you're not looking especially if its unlocked and in plain sight!

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Foolish to leave any valuables in a vehicle like that you would think he would know better. Perhaps someone knew it was in there?

• Like 2

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

What church does this guy belong to? 

I am going to the wrong Church!!!

If he can carry around...., well leave sitting in an unlocked vehicle..(did it say what kind of vehicle, maybe a new 4 wheel drive Caddy?)

"containing $3,000; P43,000 in cash; registration papers; senior ID card; LG phone worth P14,000 and a Nikon Camera worth P14,000."

Then I want to join that church, and become a missionary when I grow up!!!!!

Papa Carl

• Like 1

Daydreamer
Posted
Posted

What church does this guy belong to? 

I am going to the wrong Church!!!

If he can carry around...., well leave sitting in an unlocked vehicle..(did it say what kind of vehicle, maybe a new 4 wheel drive Caddy?)

"containing $3,000; P43,000 in cash; registration papers; senior ID card; LG phone worth P14,000 and a Nikon Camera worth P14,000."

Then I want to join that church, and become a missionary when I grow up!!!!!

Papa Carl

well, whatever church he belonged to he or they just made one helluva charitable donation to somebody's household. I heard of giving till it hurts, but WOW! That is one painful gut check from aisle 5kidding.gifbuttkick.gif

• Like 1