Philippines Voted Top Site For Divers

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Philippines voted top site for divers They said divers, not drivers. SugarwareZ-005.gif :SugarwareZ-037: :thumbsup: THE Philippines has been ranked among the 10 best diving sites in the world in a survey of 50,000 Japanese divers at the recent 17th Marine Diving Fair in Tokyo, the Tourism Department said yesterday. http://www.manilastandardtoday.com/?page=news6_april25_2009Any divers out there who would like to comment on this??? Is diving in the Philippines really that good?

mike
Posted
Posted
Philippines voted top site for divers They said divers, not drivers. SugarwareZ-005.gif :SugarwareZ-037: :thumbsup: THE Philippines has been ranked among the 10 best diving sites in the world in a survey of 50,000 Japanese divers at the recent 17th Marine Diving Fair in Tokyo, the Tourism Department said yesterday. http://www.manilastandardtoday.com/?page=news6_april25_2009Any divers out there who would like to comment on this??? Is diving in the Philippines really that good?
Yep am instructor and technicianSome of the best coral dives I have seen, maybe the best!! have been at Dukka bay in north Mindanao. far better than the over rated and over dived sections of the barrier reef and other commercial dive sites where factory style diving prevails.good diving/best diving is often what you can see and do.also what if any technical diving is to be done and the standard of diver. Not sure what the survey asked or how it was answered, just bear in mind if it was a free fair election here the results would still be argued about for years to come!!Mike

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Yes, one of the best budget SCUBA dive locations. Top ten in the world? I'm not so sure, but for me yes. Bohol, Leyte, Apo and parts of Cebu (Moalboal) have great dive sites.