We are having a yard sale in Talisay, Camilla homes, Laawan on August 10 and 11 from 8am till 4pm. We have lots of large shorts, 44, 46, 48 new and used, some pants, shoes, Pyrex and corning wear, board games, lots of miscellaneous . Some US can openers. Some music DVD's, 13 decks of Bicycle pinochle cards, new and used, and regular playing cards also new and used. Lots of computer cables, speaker wire, tranquil desk fountain, high intensity desk lamps (110). I will update this list as I get stuff unpacked. We will have cranberry scones and coffee available for a small charge, and will probably make homemade pizza and sell by the slice. We will have Pepsi and cold water available also. Items are priced to move quick. I don't want to pack anything away at the end of the day. Added new full foam mattress from Mandaue Foam. Paid P4700 asking P3500 hasn't been slept on.

Edited by Lordblacknail
  • Like 1

Damn ..... wish I still lived in Cebu I'd be interested in some of the shorts and computer stuff ..... but alas it is just to far to drive ..... hope you sell it all :thumbsup:

:cheersty:

I thought you said you were moving just up the street!

We did, however, comma, we moved from a four bedroom two bath to a two bedroom one teensy tiny bath, and now how no place to put 80% of the crap we brought here. We shipped 60 LBC boxes when we moved here. Luckily I had discovered Kindle or we would have shipped 200.

• Like 2

We did, however, comma, we moved from a four bedroom two bath to a two bedroom one teensy tiny bath, and now how no place to put 80% of the crap we brought here. We shipped 60 LBC boxes when we moved here. Luckily I had discovered Kindle or we would have shipped 200.

I have similar problems, but I try to sort away things BEFORE the long transport to RP  :)

(I have sorted away 12 car loads, 9 small lorry loads and 1 big lorry load so far sold, gifts or garbage. Still left the furniture and kitchen things I need to live here (will almost all be sold when I move) and around 50 boxes, which I try to downsize MUCH more. 5 boxes, which SURE will go to RP some turn, allready packed   :dance:  

We sent 60 LBC boxes when we came here, we will be taking 12 back, should have shipped maybe 20. Best thing we brought other than the computers and the Kindle, was our still new in the box TV. brought it as carryon luggage. Paid $650 at Costco, $150 from Seattle to Manila, and $150 from Manila to Cebu. Couldn't buy anything like it here. Great TV for the price. Things that I brought that I should not have brought were 22 pairs of sandals, six pair of lace up walking shoes, fifty or so pairs of pants. I wear gym shorts and barefoot around the house. I wear pants when I have to go to a government office, shorts everywhere else. One pair of walking shoes, a couple of pair of sandals, two pairs of pants would last me till I die. Enough cookware to start a restaurant. We have four LBC boxes of that that we have yet to unpack, and we have been here since 2011. Lucky for me, I gave away about 12K paper books before I left because I discovered the Kindle. Thank god. I could write things I should not have brought or not have brought so much of for pages. Just remember your life style will be very different here. I doubt if you would ever need a suit, I brought 12. They all went out in the street for the rag pickers.

• Like 3

I'm very shortly due to move to Colombia, the last time I was there I left about 25 Kg of clothes, shoes and stuff, I've sold my house completely furnished apart from my pictures, these I will take out of the frames, dismantle the frames and scrap the glass, I'll be able to roll up the pictures into a hard cardboard tube and then reassemble everything in my new home but buy new glass there. I'll take my saucepans and knives even though they weigh quite a bit it's still far cheaper to pay 50 Euros excess baggage than to try to send them any other way or to buy new when I arrive. I'm taking my laptop and desktop some more clothes, some light hand tools, my golf clubs which will have the pieces of my picture frames added to them and not much else. 50 days to go, I've started a list of little things to take, very few books unfortunately, they are just too heavy. I'm allowed two cases of 23 Kg plus 10 Kg of carry on, I will probably add one more 23 Kg case and that will be that. 

Lucky for me, I gave away about 12K paper books before I left because I discovered the Kindle.
12 000 paper books?  That beats even my small lorry load.

Yes. That's a very good alternative in space point of view,

but some bad in economic point of view in my case, because I have a lot of books allready.

(The read ones I leave, but I have a lot of not yet read ones. Half is novels, which I can skip bringing most of, but wasting - perhaps :)  -if I don't bring at least some of the special books (business, psychology, history.)

I'm very shortly due to move to Colombia
Do you think of what to bring to be convinient in a kidnapping?  :)

In this forum we are talking about kidnappings in Zamboanga region, but isn't that FEW compared to "The Kings of kidnapping" =Colombia, or have it reduced much in Colombia because of political changes?

Lucky for me, I gave away about 12K paper books before I left because I discovered the Kindle.
12 000 paper books?  That beats even my small lorry load.

Yes. That's a very good alternative in space point of view,

but some bad in economic point of view in my case, because I have a lot of books allready.

(The read ones I leave, but I have a lot of not yet read ones. Half is novels, which I can skip bringing most of, but wasting - perhaps :)  -if I don't bring at least some of the special books (business, psychology, history.)

I'm very shortly due to move to Colombia
Do you think of what to bring to be convinient in a kidnapping?  :)

In this forum we are talking about kidnappings in Zamboanga region, but isn't that FEW compared to "The Kings of kidnapping" =Colombia, or have it reduced much in Colombia because of political changes?

For kidnapping I imagine the best things to take will be a credit card and some cash lol. I feel a lot safer in my area of Colombia than many parts of the Phils and I've spent a lot of time in various places in the Phils, reading this and other Phils forums should make anyone wary of living or visiting yet people still do it. 

Guys, there isn't much that isn't available as an eBook anymore. The only paper books that I brought were important ones like the Life And Times Of Scrooge McDuck, will be taking that onward to the US, the pocket books that I couldn't find eBooks for (at the time, lot better now), the Asimov essay books on science that I will scan before I leave here, a few special cook books, (I just gave away over a hundred cook books), and some special books for my daughter.