Meds And The Va

westhmess
Posted
Posted

Thank you. I will take what you said into consideration. I'm certainly getting an education on how things are or are not done in Phils. Have a great day, and thanks again.

Wes

• Like 1

westhmess
Posted
Posted

Hi there,

After posting my first message I've contacted Dallas VAOPC, Counselor. I told him of my dilemma and he said not to worry. Once I get to Phils, I should contact VA Manilsa, make an appointment, tell them what I need and they will give me a 30 day supply. Then, I went to the VA Manila site and read that they will only give out a 15 day supply IF you've lost, forgot to pack or had yours stolen. At this time I find it necessary to contact Dallas again for confirmation on wat they said. I think Manila VA has the final say. It might not be pretty. lol

Thanks for your help. I hope you have a great day!

Wes

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I used to use the Dallas VA.  I would think you would have your best luck with them by talking directly to your doctor and try to get 90 day script.  But depending on the med it may not be possible.  I have never used the Manila VA but it sounds more difficult than your local VA.  I was always very happy with the Dallas VA.

• Like 2

GregZ
Posted
Posted

Hi there,

After posting my first message I've contacted Dallas VAOPC, Counselor. I told him of my dilemma and he said not to worry. Once I get to Phils, I should contact VA Manilsa, make an appointment, tell them what I need and they will give me a 30 day supply. Then, I went to the VA Manila site and read that they will only give out a 15 day supply IF you've lost, forgot to pack or had yours stolen. At this time I find it necessary to contact Dallas again for confirmation on wat they said. I think Manila VA has the final say. It might not be pretty. lol

Thanks for your help. I hope you have a great day!

Wes

The Dallas Counselor is full of beans.  Contacting them in Dallas again is NOT going to change the VA in Manila.  Manila VA is NOT associated with US based VA medical.  What you read on the Manila VA site is the truth.  My experience, or lack of, with them is that they are pretty worthless.  I moved here and coordinated to make an appointment with them over the phone.  They told me I would get the appointment in the mail (MAIL?) in a month or maybe 1 1/2 months.  Guess what? NOTHING in the stinking mail.  I don't have any more time to waste on that bunch so I am just getting what I need other ways.  You have a lot of good suggestions already. 

If you want to use the Manila VA you'll have to keep the meds in the fanny pack that you will have stolen upon arrival.  I am NOT suggesting that you lie or anything though.

Don't anyone think that I have anything against the VA.  USA based VA medical facilities have done me wonders. :540:

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

attempt to contact the NEW OIC "Christoper" (chris) he may be able to help you. i have meet him at 2 embassy

events and seems to try to improve the system.

2.get a "TRAVEL CLEARANCE" from, your doctor and have it state what meds your on..

i made a special attempt today JUST FOR YOU, to ask this question at a local clinic

keep your meds in the "labeled" container. have a copy of your "script" and if possible a copy

of your "health " i guess its called medical record to support your "need" for this med

these meds are very limited of where they can be "purchased". that may be why your friend 

was unable to find this,

you can try to bring more than a 30day supply.. BUT, you would need a "TRAVEL CLEARANCE"

stating that these meds are essential   to your well being..

it is possible to get these MEDS here but only a few doctors here

are allowed to dispense

S-2 meds

also try to contact this doctor as she works w/the VA

http://www.thefilipinodoctor.com/doctor-details.php?doctor=MjAwMTE5Mjk2

Eleonor L. Ronquillo, MD

Pasig City, Metro Manila
Tel No.: (632)6356789 / 9887000

Room 1003 , Department: Medical Arts Tower Inc.
Tel No.: (632)6356789 loc.: 5119
Assistant: Teresa

other office

VA CLINIC

Department: Out Patient Clinic

• Like 1

westhmess
Posted
Posted

Thanks LordBlackNail,

Sounds like good advice. If I can't get their attention any other way, I will call out the Big Dogs. : )

I, like most ppl hate doing that too soon because they start thinking you're some kind of nut. Have a great day. :)