Huyundai Tucson 2009 For Sale

New car arriving soon, one owner from new (October 2009), 49,000km, Silver, Automatic, Diesel, excellent condition, still under warranty. Local Cebu unit. Php 650K

Edited by Geoff Thomas

Geoff, although I don't really know what the market is like for the Tuscon, that seems like a good deal and you should get a quick sale.  I wish you were in Subic!  My next car purchase will hopefully be a small diesel SUV like that.

• Like 2

Geoff, although I don't really know what the market is like for the Tuscon, that seems like a good deal and you should get a quick sale.  I wish you were in Subic!  My next car purchase will hopefully be a small diesel SUV like that.

I always wonder about working on a diesel type engine vs gasoline.  I know it's less moving parts but 

how is the preventive and corrective maintenance compare to gasoline engine?  Do I need special

tools?  What about reliability of diesel engine and parts availability?  What is the cost per liter of fuel

between the two? 

Respectfully -- Jake

• Like 1

I find the maintenance costs similar. Parts for Toyota and Mitsubishi are easy to get. You see a lot of Hyundai's so you would think the same for them too. I have 2 Mitsubishi's and treat them like a gasoline engine for preventative maintenance (regular filter changes, lubricants, etc.). Cost of fuel is about 10-13p cheaper per liter than gasoline (around $1 per gallon). I went with a washable air filter to save a little money. I just had to replace my fuel injectors and it cost me 1200p per injector (x4 = 4800p) plus labor and some other small parts, around 5500p. That truck is 11 years old and as far as I can tell, it had never been done. I replaced the timing belt 5 years ago (preventive, wasn't worn out) and it still is fine. For me the selling point on the diesels is the low end torque. I think the body would rust away before the engine died. I have heard some people easily getting 200,000 miles out of diesel engines.

• Like 5
Do I need special tools?
You need special tools and even special computer  :)   for normal cars, which aren't old. I don't expect a small city repair shop have such, that's a reason I will probably buy a Toyota Other MT or a Suzuki Multicab, which Pinoys have "everywhere".

(But I managed to replace a broken geer box stick once by "fooling" the special tool need by puting back the spring backwards, but it functioned  :)

Cebu Hyundai service center has been great, no problems. Diesel I find much more practical here especially with the floods. As for the model, also perfect with the high ground clearance, very comfortable ride. 

So if your looking for a modern reliable car then this is it, sold by the owner with no hidden history. 

One owner from new (October 2009), 49,000km, Silver, Automatic, Diesel, excellent condition, still under warranty. Local Cebu unit. Php 650K. 

• Like 1