Translate Please

Jake
Posted
Posted

I do translations, and Otsibals/Julia's translations are correct.

Btw, "magbugbugan" is something like "fisticuffs".

OK Miss smarty pants.......convert mahal kita to Klingon.   By the way boys and girls, this is the only forum to have a

resident linguistics expert (Harvard masters degree) in the study of ancient and modern languages.  Miss Uncheck

could be employed by NSA-CIA-FBI-UN, so please watch your p's and q's.  

I must make a note to myself to be a good boy for now on and watch my syntax mo kair-pully.....he, he.

Es mo pun in tis porum, respectfully -- Jake

• Like 4

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

:unsure: Jake,  I'm still thin enough to watch my Ps, however I don't know where to find my Qs.  Did you take them? :why-me:

• Like 2

Gator
Posted
Posted (edited)
.......convert mahal kita to Klingon. By the way boys and girls, this is the only forum to have a resident linguistics expert (Harvard masters degree) in the study of ancient and modern languages. Miss Uncheck could be employed by NSA-CIA-FBI-UN, so please watch your p's and q's.

My Klingon is a bit rusty, but I'll take a shot. Since "love" in Klingon can't be used as a verb, then the closest translation would be "qamuSHa" (pronounced: kaamsoos-Hah, with the accent on "Hah"), which literally means: " I dis-hate you".

Btw, I only have a BS degree, although I did receive advanced training by an alphabet soup agency to be an expert linguist.

Edited by Jake
changed to expert
  • Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

.......convert mahal kita to Klingon. By the way boys and girls, this is the only forum to have a resident linguistics expert (Harvard masters degree) in the study of ancient and modern languages. Miss Uncheck could be employed by NSA-CIA-FBI-UN, so please watch your p's and q's.

My Klingon is a bit rusty, but I'll take a shot. Since "love" in Klingon can't be used as a verb, then the closest translation would be "qamuSHa" (pronounced: kaamsoos-Hah, with the accent on "Hah"), which literally means: " I dis-hate you".

Btw, I only have a BS degree, although I did receive advanced training by an alphabet soup agency to be an expert cunning linguist.

Hey Gator,

Unfortunately, this OP is over a year old and the author of this topic is long gone.  However, we should continue

to translate since we have our four lovely ladies (Ashanti, Julia, Uncheck and AKCebu) to hash it out.  I have my

popcorn ready in anticipation of our first forum cat fight.......he, he. 

I must commend you for correctly translating Mahal kita into Klingon.  You are also an expert in the play of words

or twisting a quoted sentence around.  I like that -- kind of reminds me of someone else.  Anyway, I have tried to

pronounce the alien words but my tongue got all tied up.  Perhaps, I should use body language instead.....he, he.  

Hey Joe, buy me dreenk -- I dis-hate you, no chit.........

Edited by Jake
spil chek
  • Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Ka plahhhh

• Like 2