Is Pepper Spray Available In Cebu?

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Not sure if pepper spray is available or even legal in the Philippines. If it is legal, where would one get some.

The reason I am asking, is my GF got bit by a stray dog today. Had to send her to clinic to start Rabis vaccine. We have been having problems in our street with the local dogs, but when I am there I just yell at them, or throw something at them and they run off. My GF is not quite so proactive, even after I told her never to run from a dog that is coming at you. She ran, and paid the price.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I don't know where in Cebu but this place has anything you want, you could get a taser for fun in the bar or a stun gun to to confuse some nasty dogs. 

They do send throughout the Philippines, http://www.goodhand88.com/csecurity.php

• Like 2

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

I don't know where in Cebu but this place has anything you want, you could get a taser for fun in the bar or a stun gun to to confuse some nasty dogs. 

They do send throughout the Philippines, http://www.goodhand88.com/csecurity.php

Thanks. I really wanted some pepper spray for the GF, for these pesky dogs. That is what we use in the Ambulance service if we have problems with dogs when we enter premises. Usually the Aboriginal dogs take a dislike to me...go figure??? hehe :)

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

althou I am not in Cebu,

try any gun store, perhaps ACE or TRUE VALUE HARDWARE.

have you thought about a "silence whistle" that causes the dogs to go wild?

since she was biten PHILHEALTH may pay for her shots, just look at the philhealth.gov.ph site

i believe that they do pay but its been so long i cant recall, :89:

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

althou I am not in Cebu,

try any gun store, perhaps ACE or TRUE VALUE HARDWARE.

have you thought about a "silence whistle" that causes the dogs to go wild?

since she was biten PHILHEALTH may pay for her shots, just look at the philhealth.gov.ph site

i believe that they do pay but its been so long i cant recall, :89:

Thanks for that. Yep I have PhilHealth for her and her family. It did pay for it all, there was no co-pay.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Well, I like clean windows. In the house or the car and of course to have a clean motorcycle is also nice. One way to clean these things and others is to buy a small simple hand sprayer at the local store. Fill with 1/4 ammonia (or bleach if you are in a bad mood) and the rest clean water. lasts for years. The nozzle on the sprayer can be twist closed or open or anywhere between. I slight opening of the nozzle produces a fine mist while a full open produces a squirt that may go 10' or more.

Some clean freaks even keep a bottle near the front and bad doors and at the bedside in case you get the urge to clean something in the middle of the night. I prefer the ammonia due to its pungent smell. Nothing says 'clean' like the smell of ammonia in the air while listening to some fool run screaming down the road.

Just like the roll of nickels that you old New York guys carried in your pockets, carrying a spray bottle incase you come across some dirty windows is perfectly legal.

:cheersty:   

• Like 2

brock
Posted
Posted

Pepper spray is available but illegal to carry I believe  the same as  knives and knuckle dusters.

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Pepper spray is available but illegal to carry I believe  the same as  knives and knuckle dusters.

I have done a little research regarding this since my first posting. From my understanding it is not unlawful to carry pepper spray, and further, if used for self defense it is also lawful. Mind you, there are always 2 laws in this country I have noticed over the years. Personally I would not want to carry and use for self defence, just because of the risk of having to pay some police officer 10000php bribe. I will get a key chain one for my GF to discourage the local dogs.

robert k
Posted
Posted

Wasp and hornet spray, the kind that shoots 25 feet would probably be quite effective even if the pest were down to four legs. I wouldn't want a possibly rabid dog to get close enough to pepper spray, but then, animals like me.

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Wasp and hornet spray, the kind that shoots 25 feet would probably be quite effective even if the pest were down to four legs. I wouldn't want a possibly rabid dog to get close enough to pepper spray, but then, animals like me.

Great! :thumbsup:  I know available here and have heard of its use before. But is it available in Phils?