Dzighnman

Hollow Block Maker For Sale - Sold

Purchased new in 2012, made over 4000 blocks with it and maintained it like new. Comes with 90 plus support frames (needed to transfer the blocks to drying areas) New was 36K plus 3K for the frames, asking 25K for all. We completed our major construction and do not foresee a need for it any longer. Runs like new. 220VAC motor that drives a simple vibrating device. We got the process down to where our guys were making 40 plus blocks an hour and as hoped, with OUR mix formulated at 40 blocks per sack of cement. Most local purchase blocks are crap as they are ion the 70 - 100 blocks per sack of cement.

Machine is located in Guadalupe, Carcar City, Cebu and pics are available if you like, but it is just the same as most you buy here. This is a heavy duty machine and performed very well for us.

Thanks for your interest,

Ron

• Like 1

Hello Ron,

I was a little concerned that you disappeared for awhile.  We appreciate you coming back with another post

of a typical life in the Philippines.  We hope that your business or projects goes well.  

Best regards to your family, respectfully -- Jake 

• Like 2

Do you know what the breakeven cost is on something like that?  Basically what is the retail cost of the bricks you made vs the retail cost of the crappy bricks?

Hi Ron,

My wife and I are interested in buying your block maker. We will need one when we start building our home. We plan to visit you after lunch time this Friday if the weather is good.

Phillip

• Like 2

Welcome back Ron!

This could be a great income for a forum members Filipino family?

• Like 2

Posted Today, 05:29 AM

Do you know what the breakeven cost is on something like that?  Basically what is the retail cost of the bricks you made vs the retail cost of the crappy bricks?

I calculated my brick cost with this machine and after the operator got moving, at 15 php per 4 X * block. Costs are cement, water and rough sand, then labor. Labor cost used was from start of block making to time in final stack after drying. We could get blocks at Bhokyol for 10 php each. The real reason to do this is if you want a stronger block. We did after seeing the crap you get here. a decent test is to drop a block from one meter up, the blocks we found locally turned to dust, not pieces, dust. So we tested ours and the first one took four drops before it broke in two pieces, we were satisfied that this was the route for us. Getting the labor trained and motivated to produce at a high rate was the next challenge. ;)

• Like 3

Hi Ron,

My wife and I are interested in buying your block maker. We will need one when we start building our home. We plan to visit you after lunch time this Friday if the weather is good.

Phillip

Hey Phil,

OK, sounds good, we are always around, the goats make sure we never leave. See you then!

• Like 1

I calculated my brick cost with this machine and after the operator got moving, at 15 php per 4 X * block. Costs are cement, water and rough sand, then labor. Labor cost used was from start of block making to time in final stack after drying. We could get blocks at Bhokyol for 10 php each. The real reason to do this is if you want a stronger block. We did after seeing the crap you get here. a decent test is to drop a block from one meter up, the blocks we found locally turned to dust, not pieces, dust. So we tested ours and the first one took four drops before it broke in two pieces, we were satisfied that this was the route for us. Getting the labor trained and motivated to produce at a high rate was the next challenge. ;)

One point to emphasize is IF this were to be used for a money making venture, you could exceed the local standards here by using the cheap cement and getting 60 blocks to a sack and make money at 10 php per block. We chose the more expensive Portland cement and stuck with 40 to the sack. Varying the formula is how money is made here. If there are standards, they are not enforced. ;)

• Like 2

The more expensive cement and 40 blocks per sack is what I was planning to do also.  Last year a Filipino man working in construction told me that would make a lot stronger block than what is being sold locally.  And, I have seen how cheap and weak some of the blocks are.  From my terrace I have a good view of the Gaisano parking lot.  On the lower part of the parking lot where the security guard couldn't see was a large stack of blocks. One day a few small boys climbed over the security wall and started picking up the blocks trying to carry the blocks away.  When they would drop a block from less than 2 feet high the blocks crumbled into thousands of pieces.  I can't imagine living in a house made from those blocks when an earthquake can hit at any time.

I believe Gaisano was made from higher quality concrete and that stack of blocks were for a project like a guard shack which was never constructed.

Thanks for the info.  Good luck with the sale