Safe Places To Put Money To Earn Income

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Can anyone think of safer places to put money to earn income than rental real estate? Just wondering if there is any other safe havens in this crazy world?

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted
Can anyone think of safer places to put money to earn income than rental real estate? Just wondering if there is any other safe havens in this crazy world?
I'll look after it for you Lee!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Thanks Paul, but can you promise me 20% like Legacy hehehehe SugarwareZ-004.gif

til
Posted
Posted
Thanks Paul, but can you promise me 20% like Legacy hehehehe SugarwareZ-004.gif
I can promise you 30% :SugarwareZ-034:

mikejwoodnz
Posted
Posted

quote name='Mr. Lee' post='8120' date='May 1 2009, 10:53 PM']Can anyone think of safer places to put money to earn income than rental real estate? Just wondering if there is any other safe havens in this crazy world?Equity investment in income producing Freehold Real Estate is the "safest" and only reasonable means of protecting capital and ultimately income. New Zealand is a very favourable climate true Freehold is very simple in New Zealand and we do NOT have a capital gains tax on resale profits - although of course if resale for "profit" was your original goal then ordinary tax is applied. In the Philippines I cannot see a better investment than an Hotel. Properly organised it guarantees you a non taxed stress and labour free lifestyle - free food, lodging, travel, entertainment and all the beer you and your friends can ever drink - who needs a taxable overage ? SugarwareZ-005.gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Equity investment in income producing Freehold Real Estate is the "safest" and only reasonable means of protecting capital and ultimately income. New Zealand is a very favourable climate true Freehold is very simple in New Zealand and we do NOT have a capital gains tax on resale profits - although of course if resale for "profit" was your original goal then ordinary tax is applied. In the Philippines I cannot see a better investment than an Hotel. Properly organised it guarantees you a non taxed stress and labour free lifestyle - free food, lodging, travel, entertainment and all the beer you and your friends can ever drink - who needs a taxable overage ? SugarwareZ-005.gif
Mike, I always wished that I had the big bucks needed to own a hotel and have the top floor or floors for myself and friends to own or rent out. Sort of like a condo with the security of one of those key to access that floor situations. Maybe you could build something like that and sell a few units as condos and use the rest as hotel rentals. :SugarwareZ-034:

• 1 year later...
yen
Posted
Posted
I suggest you play Cashflow 101 Boardgame by Robert Kiyosaki and you might just find right the answer to your question.Regards.

Jake
Posted
Posted
I suggest you play Cashflow 101 Boardgame by Robert Kiyosaki and you might just find right the answer to your question.Regards.
Yeah, it's a crazy world with global corruption spreading at the speed of the internet. Many stateside banks are still failing and most of them were the major players in the game call corruption. Yen -- very interesting board game. I'm sure Robert Kiyosaki is a millionaire many times over now. He certainly received many accolades from various economic professors. Hismaterials however is a bit overpriced, don't you think?The question remains: a safe place in PI for investment? I would personally not go downthat road. For example, I'm trying to remember if some or all the banks in PI were"nationalized" during turmoil like a martial law. Right now, I feel like putting all my moneydown my socks, all 42 pesos and 25 centavos.Respectfully -- Jake

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

For me, like Jake mentioned, "down in my socks"! :lol:

Edited by Pinoy Art

love2winalot
Posted
Posted

Hiya: Since you said, "Crazy World", i guess that means anywhere? Do you have $25,000 cash, in the bank? If NO, then skip to next paragraph. If Yes, "Buddy, Pal, Best friend, Amigo, and so on", hehehehe, read on. Buy a Bank Owner repossed property for between $17,000-$23,000. Over the next few months, spend between $3000-$8000+ to fix it up. What do you have? You have what my wife and I have in Las Vegas. A property that you, OWN. Total investment is $30,000 or less. HmmmmmmmA 1200 sq ft, 3 bedroom, huge yard, re painted, new appliances/carpet/ect,..........................That cost only $30,000. I wonder if I can sell it for more than that? Realtor.com shows the valuse of our house to be between $65,000-$80,000. This means, no matter what, we doubled our money, "even if we sold it today". The housing market crash affected all houses. Our house, as example, was bought by the prior owner 4 years ago for $110,000. A piece of crap house, in a sellers market. Now it is a verry good house, in a buyers market. Of course it is not going to sell right now for anything close to $110,000. Depreaciation of 30% brings it down to $77,000. Knock off $12,000 of the selling price, to sell it below market value, and knock off $5000 in closing cost= net investment $30,000, and sold at bargain basement price of $60,000, IS DOUBLE THE INVESTMENT.This means in America, for under $40,000 you have to pay cash for the house to begin with. This, of course would not work in the philippines. Our neighbor in Manilla has had his house for sale, P2 million, for over 3 years. I have never actually looked into this. But, it seems to me, a GREAT Investment, would be an, ATM Machine, and or a Western Union office. All of the small towns do not have either of these. But, all of these small towns have overseas workers, who send mony back home to them. They all have to take a bus, or jeepony, to a bigger town, to get the money that was sent to them. If they could just come to, "YOU", instead= Ka-ching $$$$$$$$$$. I have no clue if this is even possible to do or not? But I am going to maybe waste my time, and find out.