Cebu Favorite Destination Of Tourists

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Cebu, Cagayan de Oro and Makati are my favorites, and in that order, what are yours? Cebu favorite destination of touristshttp://www.gmanews.tv/story/159597/Cebu-fa...ion-of-touristsCebu and Palawan were the top destination of local and foreign tourists in the first quarter of 2009, according to the Department of Tourism (DOT).The DOT also reported that tourist arrivals grew by 10.33 percent for a total of 1.3 million.A bulk of the number trooped to Cebu, with a share of 32 percent or 184,790 arrivals, followed by Boracay (12 percent), Davao City (11.9 percent), Camarines Sur (11 percent), Zambales (seven percent) and Bohol (five percent).Two famous destination sites in Palawan, the country

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Cebu, Cagayan de Oro and Makati are my favorites, and in that order, what are yours? Cebu favorite destination of touristshttp://www.gmanews.tv/story/159597/Cebu-fa...ion-of-touristsCebu and Palawan were the top destination of local and foreign tourists in the first quarter of 2009, according to the Department of Tourism (DOT).The DOT also reported that tourist arrivals grew by 10.33 percent for a total of 1.3 million.A bulk of the number trooped to Cebu, with a share of 32 percent or 184,790 arrivals, followed by Boracay (12 percent), Davao City (11.9 percent), Camarines Sur (11 percent), Zambales (seven percent) and Bohol (five percent).Two famous destination sites in Palawan, the country's so-called "last frontier," posted record-breaking growth as more flights were opened to these destinations.Puerto Princesa City and Coron's tourist arrivals grew by 392 percent with visitors pouring in from Manila, Cebu, and Caticlan as well as Kota Kinabalu in Malaysia.
I wonder why the don't include Angeles City in the figures,surely more, er, um tourist visit there than any where else.

mike
Posted
Posted (edited)
Cebu, Cagayan de Oro and Makati are my favorites, and in that order, what are yours? Cebu favorite destination of touristshttp://www.gmanews.tv/story/159597/Cebu-fa...ion-of-touristsCebu and Palawan were the top destination of local and foreign tourists in the first quarter of 2009, according to the Department of Tourism (DOT).The DOT also reported that tourist arrivals grew by 10.33 percent for a total of 1.3 million.A bulk of the number trooped to Cebu, with a share of 32 percent or 184,790 arrivals, followed by Boracay (12 percent), Davao City (11.9 percent), Camarines Sur (11 percent), Zambales (seven percent) and Bohol (five percent).Two famous destination sites in Palawan, the country's so-called "last frontier," posted record-breaking growth as more flights were opened to these destinations.Puerto Princesa City and Coron's tourist arrivals grew by 392 percent with visitors pouring in from Manila, Cebu, and Caticlan as well as Kota Kinabalu in Malaysia.
I wonder why the don't include Angeles City in the figures,surely more, er, um tourist visit there than any where else.
Bossman, I expect its because that unlike Angeles the others do not have a warning that basically says 'foreigners get out of town and stay out of town' how else can www.centralluzoncorruption.com be interpreted. Reports on the travel sites for these destinations are showing many bars to be very very empty and the bars are the only reason why anyone would go there. Even the more gentile Subic equivalent is seeing lower numbers.I understand that the girlie bars in Cebu are no where near as busy as they used to be. Just goes to show that sex tourism is not the be all and end all of tourism here.Also I understand that these tourism figures given by the DOT include domestic tourism and not just raw overseas visitors. Indeed the overseas visitors data is heavily corrupted to boost the tourism arrivals. They use OFWs returning as tourism data!! plus us kanos who are on visas other then the tourist visa. Comes as no surprise that all those who are on the tourist visa and get it renewed are also included in this data, even if they never set foot outside the BI office!! I got counted on my return from HK after 1 weeks visit there and I hold the SRRV. Now the SRRV comes under the DOT I expect at renewal time it will be another statistic claiming yet another foreign visitor!!Lies damn lies and statistics!!Mike Edited by mike