A Conduction What?

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)
Rest easy JJ.....no one is going coming after you.

Well that is easy for you to say! JJ did not mention that his wife is from Japanese descent and with JJ as a Pinoy, 3rd cousin to a Mexican in appearance... and with JJ driving a rental car what would a cop think? 

Japanese woman with a Mexican driver! That certainly is something that Sheriff Joe and his men see everyday! :hystery:  wooowooowoo PULL OVER SIR!

About 15 years or so ago, Florida stopped putting the county name of the county where the car was registered in on the license plates..... Because Dade and Broward cars were being pulled over every day as vacationers drove thru Georgia and other surrounding states. Drug smuggling you know..... :tiphat:

And not to scare the wife any more, but it has been in the news in the past year that in Texas certain lesbian state troopers were fired for doing 'cavity checks' on women being pulled over for speeding! ALL RECORDED ON THE DASH CAMS! Yes... law suits filed and cops suspended, lesbian officers fired.

So I do understand Mrs. JJ's concerns.....

(oh yes... there we are off topic in answering questions or reply posts.. sorry...)

Edited by Bruce

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)
Things are getting a bit off topic here.

Guilty! But so is Bruce. By the way, what is conduction?

Edited by JJReyes
  • Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Things are getting a bit off topic here.

Guilty! But so is Bruce. By the way, what is conduction?

A method of heat transfer.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I am totally confused,  what is a conduction permit?  :th_imstupid:

• Like 1

jon1
Posted
Posted (edited)

A conduction permit is a sticker that allows the dealer to move the vehicle/motorcycle from port to dealership. The LTO is restructuring license plates from; 3 letters/numbers to 4 letters/numbers for vehicles and changing the license plate size for motorcycles. They have not been issuing ANY new or replacement plates since last June! I know this as I have a missing plate on one of my vehicles since last June. I have renewed my registration without a plate and keep driving around with an authorization letter from the LTO to do this. Another common cause for delay from dealerships on this issue is the duties/taxes havn't been paid on the bike yet so they can't get the plate.

The situation has got so bad that people are making plates for their vehicles that match their conduction stickers. This is mainly for the metro-manila area where they are coded by the license plate or conduction sticker if no plate issued yet.

If it was me, I would keep the paperwork, have a plate made at the mall matching your conduction sticker, get your dealer to write a letter stating why you haven't received your plate. I would also pay a visit to the local LTO and see what they recommend.

Edited by jon1
  • Like 3

dalidali
Posted
Posted

Conduction permit update 9/4/13

The dealer says......"Due to the recent flooding in Manila, the issuance of plates has been delayed"

So now I am stuck with a couple of choices.

Park the moto and don't drive it.

Operate the moto with the 6 weeks worth of prior payments I have made to the LTO and hope for the best if stopped.

Contact the LTO directly and in person and see if they have other options. The skeptic in me can hear it now.

"yes sir you sure can operate the moto by paying the 300p fee for each week you intend to use the moto"

Pull a shady and get a counterfeit plate with it's inherent risks.

Motos don't get a "sticker" to attach, at least I did not. So having a plate made that matches this sticker is a non event.

I have renewed my registration without a plate and keep driving around with an authorization letter from the LTO to do this.

This is exactly what I have been doing for the last 6 weeks. At a cost of course, and that is what is wearing thin.

I have currently contributed over 2400p to the LTO fund for the "priviledge" of operating this moto on the roadways.

To me, it's deplorable and downright laughable to have the "customer" pay for the ineptitude of the plate processing

because they, the LTO, want to change the numbering sequence.

But it is more fun in the Phils :thumbsup: uh huh it sure is.

So next week, the novia and I will cool our heels in the white sands of Boracay for a few days and soak in this more fun stuff.

• Like 1

jon1
Posted
Posted (edited)

The LTO letter I have did not cost me anything after I filled out the paperwork for my replacement plate. 

I agree with you on the ineptitude and lack of efficiency on the LTOs part.. 

I have to raise the BS flag on "The dealer says......"Due to the recent flooding in Manila, the issuance of plates has been delayed". The flooding was a convenient excuse to throw at the situation. It has nothing to do with it as this has been going on since last year. Take some time and observe how many motorcycles you see on the road with Dealership plates on them. You will see quite a bit and it keeps increasing.  

I would pay a visit to the LTO and see what they tell you. The 300p/week thing should have been temporary until a plate number has been assigned to the motorcycle. Have you received the Original Receipt/Certificate of Registration (OR/CR) from the dealer or LTO? If so, there should be a plate number assigned. Your OR should state something like "no plate/sticker available" on it. If you have that, take it to the LTO and get an authorization to operate without a license plate letter. There will probably be some cost for that but then you are done. When that expires (30 days), go back and they will issue you another one for 3 months at a time at no cost (in my experience).

Edited by jon1
  • Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

But it is more fun in the Phils :thumbsup: uh huh it sure is.

So next week, the novia and I will cool our heels in the white sands of Boracay for a few days and soak in this more fun stuff.

I will also be in boracay next week (13-16SEP).  But my bicycle needs no plates ha ha ..... I hope....

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted (edited)
The answer she got back had something to do with the big rains in Manila a couple of weeks ago as a lot of workers could not get to work. I guess LTO workers included.......they can't get the plates out.

Yes, not odd if they are delayed by that flooding - too  :)

It sounds like any course of action taken will cost money.

Aren't there any force majoure exception law in RP?

It could be very useful in many cases  :)

Hope the cops in San Diego don't make the mistake of thinking I am Mexican.

Why don't you color your hair blond to reduce that risk?  :)

Edited by Thomas

dalidali
Posted
Posted
I have to raise the BS flag on "The dealer says......"Due to the recent flooding in Manila

Agreed Jon......everyone, including the lamp post, knows it's a excuse. I would have appreciated a simple "I don't know" a lot more.

Or a slightly more candid take would have been ..."because the LTO sucks!!"

Have you received the Original Receipt/Certificate of Registration (OR/CR) from the dealer or LTO? If so, there should be a plate number assigned

Nothing official looking from the LTO.....a certificate of sale and a bill of sale from the dealer is all I have received and that was at the time of the actual sale where I took possession and rode off.

I am just going to park the moto and deal with this next week when I get back from Boracay.

Trying to remain positive here and not boil my BP just yet.

In the end, it's my novias moto....it's in her name as sole owner. I was just the funding source.

I check out of the Phils at the end of this month, and if unresolved by then, she will have to do the followups.

Thanks for all your input. Valuable information.

I will also be in boracay next week (13-16SEP). But my bicycle needs no plates ha ha ..... I hope....

I will miss you by a couple of days Ram...I get there on the 10th and pulling out on your arrival date.

My sandals have plenty of tread left on them...so we are footloose and fancy free!!

• Like 1