A Conduction What?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
It's goes against my grain to do things "contra la ley".

Its not against the law to use someone else's plate.  My truck has been registered for at least a decade with someone else's plate.  I'be been through three different LTOs and a few lawyers when registering over the years and the one thing they have never had a problem with is using someone else's plate.  All you need is a declaration from the plate owner that it is ok to use his plate.  Not sure about all the details as it was already done when i bought my truck.  All I can tell you is I have never met the plate owner and he could be dead for all I know and it really doesn't matter.  If you really want a plate then you should check into it.

My plate is old and damaged and I would rather have a new one but that is rather difficult.  If I were you I would wait for a new one to be available.  I only post here to tell you there is nothing illegal about it in Philippines.

dalidali
Posted
Posted
Its not against the law to use someone else's plate.

Ok Dave....it goes against everything I was ever taught or learned, but so are a lot of things, especially in a foreign country.

I will just do your last suggestion...wait for the officially issued plate.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

This opens up a whole new business venture.  I am going to rent out license plates!  Free enterprise - It's more fun in the Philippines!      What a country ha ha  :tiphat:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I know the boss of these pages "liked" your post....but I can only say I hope this does not set the standard where grown men are not allowed to "stray" from time to time and provide an entertaining experience.  

Let me just explain once again why I dislike topics going north, south and somewhere in between. Have a look at how many new members join, they don't have to join as the can read a topic the same as the next person without joining. But also see how many post, stuff all. Now look back when you decided to live in the Philippines, you went searching for info, perhaps you wanted to know about registering a bike for when you arrived so you found a topic on it right here on this forum but you only got a few posts down the page and the topics not about registering a bike its now about next month's beauty contest or something.

So your search for info came to a halt, you say to yourself this forum is a waste of time as its just banter and you're on your merily way to some other forum. You don't come back in a day or two to see if the topic has drifted back to what you were hoping to find.

This is why I provide forums sections like the chatterbox or "the world events" forum so there are places that can discuss pretty much anything. 

You say stray from time to time, thats pretty much all I see in many topics.

The above and term "you" is not directed as to you but used to explain my thoughts.  :cheersty:

• Like 1

dalidali
Posted
Posted

This is why I provide forums sections like the chatterbox or "the world events" forum so there are places that can discuss pretty much anything. You say stray from time to time, thats pretty much all I see in many topics. The above and term "you" is not directed as to you but used to explain my thoughts

I know exactly what you mean and would love to have an opportunity to discuss it with you at some point.

Saludos...

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
This is why I provide forums sections like the chatterbox or "the world events" forum so there are places that can discuss pretty much anything.    You say stray from time to time, thats pretty much all I see in many topics.

The commentary on a topic is sequential. I wonder if it is possible to edit responses based on relevance. Visitors may read a topic title of interest and go through the first few comments before moving on. The regular contributors begin to become familiar with each other. The topic eventually goes off tangent. So it starts off about cellular phone contracts and then morphs into a discussion about beauty contests. So long as the relevant commentaries are relocated to the top of the page, I think visitors won't mind.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I wonder if it is possible to edit responses based on relevance.

That assumes it is not already being done, some time after all the frivolity has run its course.   :cheersty:

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I wonder if it is possible to edit responses based on relevance.

That assumes it is not already being done, some time after all the frivolity has run its course.   :cheersty:

Well I think you have a point relating to 'topics'. In the past, I have tried to make a 'clever' topic heading to grab attention, but that may not actually promote the exact subject of my post.  

I will make an effort to at least design a more exact heading for each post I may make so in the event that someone does a search for a specific question, he would not miss the post due to my (somewhat??) clever heading instead the exact on topic heading.

Thomas
Posted
Posted (edited)
Visitors may read a topic title of interest and go through the first few comments before moving on. The regular contributors begin to become familiar with each other. The topic eventually goes off tangent

Yes, it's common the topic question is answered rather good after a few posts, BEFORE we run much off topic  :)

Edited by Thomas

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

This is a good example of morphing. The topic started with Conduction. We are now discussing redesigning the forum. Oh, well. I am as guilty as the others. 

Edited by JJReyes