N Y P D Gun Running To The Philippines / Nypost Article

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

Sheriff Joe Arpaio is the chief law enforcement officer in Maricopa County, Arizona. He manages the "Maricopa County Sheriff's Office, county jail, courtroom security, prisoner transport, service of warrants, and service of process." He likes the title of "America's Toughest Sheriff." The guy is controversial. He has been accused of racial profiling and illegal immigration enforcement. The funny thing is both his father and mother were illegal immigrants from Italy.

I used to drive from Phoenix to Flagstaff and onward to the Navajo Nation, driving right across Maricopa County. My wife and I are involved in volunteer work at the Reservation. Now we fly to Las Vegas, Nevada and enter Arizona through Coconino County. I look like my first cousins are Mexicans. 

Edited by JJReyes

earthdome
Posted
Posted

There is a very long page on wikipedia about Sheriff Joe Arpaio:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheriff_Joe_Arpaio

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
There is a very long page on wikipedia about Sheriff Joe Arpaio:  

There are also websites that poke fun at his political shenanigans in the name of law enforcement. One of them is making county prisoners wear pink underwear. Good publicity, but I don't know how this will deter crime and improve prisoner behavior. Another was having a posse' ride horseback around mall parking lots to protect mall patrons. Good for publicity. Mall management eventually asked him to stop because nothing upsets mall patrons more than stepping on horse "cah-cah" with their brand new, mall purchased shoes.