Old Phils Banknotes To Become Obsolete 2014?

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

Today. Like with Willie Wonka's 'Golden Ticket',  my dear wife entered another world. With an old P500 banknote in her hand to give her access to an unusual world, she entered the most intimidating 'White Fortress'.  Five separate security frisks, passing through several barred doors, two stops for photo  shots holding her banknote in front of her like a mug shot placard, two separate thumb-print scan access points, and personal data entry info submitted.... she got to exchange roughly $10 USD worth of soon-to-be outdated currency for current issue banknotes.

"Honey, its bigger inside than the new giant Robinson's mall !"      We've been to a lot of huge malls throughout this country..... so I knew she had been to someplace most impressive.  

As i view the edifice walls from my simple home's second story veranda, looking across the airport rice and pasture grazing fields, I feel a lot better about this nation's capabilities. 

• Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, manofthecoldland said:

Today. Like with Willie Wonka's 'Golden Ticket',  my dear wife entered another world. With an old P500 banknote in her hand to give her access to an unusual world, she entered the most intimidating 'White Fortress'.  Five separate security frisks, passing through several barred doors, two stops for photo  shots holding her banknote in front of her like a mug shot placard, two separate thumb-print scan access points, and personal data entry info submitted.... she got to exchange roughly $10 USD worth of soon-to-be outdated currency for current issue banknotes.

Where was she ? 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, manofthecoldland said:

With an old P500 banknote in her hand to give her access to an unusual world, she entered the most intimidating 'White Fortress'

I am a bit surprised as I can only assume you mean the BSP edifice.  We have one in Dumaguete and it does not look so imposing from the outside. 

So the big question is:  Did they exchange her 500 pesos? :cryingwhilelaughing_anim:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I am a bit surprised as I can only assume you mean the BSP edifice.  We have one in Dumaguete and it does not look so imposing from the outside. 

Does Fort Knox? :hystery:

• Like 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Where was she ? 

BSP in Capiz.

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

So the big question is:  Did they exchange her 500 pesos? :cryingwhilelaughing_anim:

Yes.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, manofthecoldland said:

BSP in Capiz.

Why didn't you just take them to one of the authorised banks like PNB? 

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Why didn't you just take them to one of the authorised banks like PNB? 

Cut off date expired for local bank exchanges.

• Like 2