And It Just Keeps Getting Better And Better

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Hummmm ... I wonder what is next .... as I said or might have said in my power problem one of the things i did was reset my CMOST and while I was at it I changed my battery just in case ..... now I get a nice little note from M$ saying my key is not good .....

post-11-0-57191000-1380165290_thumb.jpg

and the reason .....

post-11-0-13926100-1380165320_thumb.jpg

I'm kinda lost here .... I have the full version not an OEM and I am supposed to be able to install this Win7 Home Premium on any computer I want .... so what is their problem .... the ONLY piece of equipment changed was the HD back when ..... and a graphics card 2 years ago ....

I really don't feel like learning a new OS especially when I play a lot of games and have tons of programs that I am already used to working with .... I can honestly say i understand why people run pirated copy's of Window$ ..... even when you BUY a legit copy they hassle you .....

They do give you a toll-free number to call (yea right IF you can get connected) ..... can you dial 1-800 numbers free from here .... I don't have any long-distance service with Globe and the family has my MagicJack right now .... only got 2 days to get this resolved ..... according to big daddy M$ .... Bill must be needing to send some more money for his human-trafficking program here in the Phils  because if I can't get the phone verification to work I'll have to but a new license .... I can feel a pirated copy of Windows coming on .....  :thumbsup:  :hystery: 

:cheersty:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Just curious, what were the choices in the drop down for nearest location?

Maybe these links might help? 

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/windows7/activate-windows-7-on-this-computer

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows7/windows-7-activation-error-invalid-product-key

Check to see if it is a genuine copy

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/genuine

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Thank you kind sir for that info .... apparently if you re-install Win7 you have to re-validate it again with in 30 days ..... I had to re-install Win7 when my HD crashed I guess i just didn't know about the re-evaluation part of the process .... do you know if I can dial a 1-800 number from here to where ever ..... I don't have long distance on my Globe landline ......

Thanks JGF ....... :thumbsup:

Jake
Posted
Posted

Thank you kind sir for that info .... apparently if you re-install Win7 you have to re-validate it again with in 30 days ..... I had to re-install Win7 when my HD crashed I guess i just didn't know about the re-evaluation part of the process .... do you know if I can dial a 1-800 number from here to where ever ..... I don't have long distance on my Globe landline ......

Thanks JGF ....... :thumbsup:

Hey Mike,

It's too bad you can't get your Magic Jack returned to you.  I guess you're under the gun with less than 30 days

to go for a re-verification of your product code.  Are you still thinking about getting a pirated copy of Windows 7?

I have never done it before, mostly using pirated copies of PhotoShop but never an operating software program.  

I would imagine it's relatively safe for your machine.  I mean, everybody does it, especially in Asian countries.

Is it really safe guys?

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Mike, when you replaced the on-board battery, did you change the time and date settings before booting up to Windows?

Microsoft must have some sort of coding in there to check for back dates. Several times it has given me the activate windows routine. Sucks when you have to call in to get an activation code.

I am noticing Microsoft is more aggressive about activating Windows lately. I have had to call in several times to get Windows Vista and Windows 7 activated on boxes with the legitimate code.

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Oooooops ....... the changing the date in bios before I started Windows excapted me I did it from the toolbar after Windoz opened ..... I guess maybe that is the problem ..... I guess M$ is getting so paranoid with this pirate thing they are going over board ..... by the way I read an articule the other day that says  pirated copy will still give you critical updates but only critical ones ..... and there is also a program out there that will remove the annoying pop-up that comes on every so many minutes tell you to register your copy of Windoz .....  gonna try and find a way to call them today

Mike S
Posted
Posted
It's too bad you can't get your Magic Jack returned to you

Well we drove south to pick up the MJ and now it won't work on this computer .... used the same password and log-in I've been using for 7 years ..... but no go .... so I go to the website ... type in my phone number and password (the one it wouldn't except) and logged into my account .... everything worked .... gave a new email address and password ... marked it as default exited the program and tried it again .... nope .... keeps taking me to a renewal page .... I'm good till 2017 .... so I clicked forgot my password just for kicks and it sent me a copy to my new email address and showed  the same new password I just updated on their site .... so I know the log-in and password are good .... no live help as they work on east coast time .... any way this whole mess is FUBAR as far as I'm concerned and with this being the last day for Windoz validation at this point I just don't give a big hairy rats arse about this mess and M$ can just do what ever they want .... but I will NOT buy another copy of Windoz no matter what ....

Sure glad I ain't a drinking man ..... :hystery:  :hystery:  ..... but maybe I should be .... :mocking:  :540: 

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

It's too bad you can't get your Magic Jack returned to you

Well we drove south to pick up the MJ and now it won't work on this computer .... used the same password and log-in I've been using for 7 years ..... but no go .... so I go to the website ... type in my phone number and password (the one it wouldn't except) and logged into my account .... everything worked .... gave a new email address and password ... marked it as default exited the program and tried it again .... nope .... keeps taking me to a renewal page .... I'm good till 2017 .... so I clicked forgot my password just for kicks and it sent me a copy to my new email address and showed  the same new password I just updated on their site .... so I know the log-in and password are good .... no live help as they work on east coast time .... any way this whole mess is FUBAR as far as I'm concerned and with this being the last day for Windoz validation at this point I just don't give a big hairy rats arse about this mess and M$ can just do what ever they want .... but I will NOT buy another copy of Windoz no matter what ....

Sure glad I ain't a drinking man ..... :hystery:  :hystery:  ..... but maybe I should be .... :mocking:  :540:

What was that recruitment saying about US Marines?  It's hard to find a few good men.  I'm sure Miss Julia

can twist the wording that should fit your current predicament.  A good Marine that's hard up will adapt --

go out like the rest of the Asian world and get a pirated copy of Windows Pro 7-64 bit, for christ sake.

Take two aspirins, turn sideways and cough twice for me -- Jake

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted
go out like the rest of the Asian world and get a pirated copy of Windows Pro 7-64 bit, for christ sake. Take two aspirins, turn sideways and cough twice for me -- Jake

:hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:  Thank you sir I needed that ..... god forbid I even thought of checking into Linux ..... oh curse the thought .... just not sure I can stand all the changes I'll have to go through to learn all over again ..... does PB have Linux software ..... :mocking:

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

go out like the rest of the Asian world and get a pirated copy of Windows Pro 7-64 bit, for christ sake. Take two aspirins, turn sideways and cough twice for me -- Jake

:hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:  Thank you sir I needed that ..... god forbid I even thought of checking into Linux ..... oh curse the thought .... just not sure I can stand all the changes I'll have to go through to learn all over again ..... does PB have Linux software ..... :mocking:

Yeah.....I hear ya.  Judy tried to teach me basic Excel (spreadsheet program) and I totally gave up.  

That confirms at my age that being hard headed, like an old billy goat that refuses to learn new stuff.  

Hell, I can't even remember where I last placed my crescent-hammer.  I've been having a lot of senior

citizen moments.  Too bad, I can't remember most of them.....he, he.

Judy got really pissed off at me because I thought I was learning bed sheet program instead.  Yeah,

my hearing took a dump also.  I get no respect sometimes......