Activation Of Windows

Jake
Posted
Posted

When I retired from the navy, my only computer interface was through a radar or weapons console.

Absolutely no keyboard, except when I have to diagnose banks of UNIVAC 7 main frame computers

using a maintenance key board.   

Upon retirement, I got employed by Qualcomm and Ericsson Telecommunications and was totally

lost.  Had to quickly learn Microsoft (Windows 98), Excel and some other weird program called UNIX.  

I have no idea how I made it through but eventually became senior test tech.  

I'm still struggling about the features of right click.....he, he.

• Like 2

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

My 1st computer was in 1980. A Radio Shack TRS80 Model 1. Level 1, 4k mem, B&W Monitor, Cassette Deck. $600.00 !!

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted (edited)
Oh good ol' DOS

Well. It didn't even understand "Open Windows" command, it had to be "Open Win"!!!  :1 (103):   so kind of needed to have University exam in Microsoft use to use it even at simple level. Macintosh took 10 minutes to learn... 

I claim - If it had been same "wallet" decider for buying the equipment and paying the needed education to use it in big companies, then Microsoft had been much smaller now...   It took Microsoft over 10 years to make even a rather user friendly system, although they had Apple to look at. That's worse than "Pinoy logic"  :mocking:

Edited by Thomas
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I gotta admit... The toys I started with at work did not have names anyone would recognize... But then the funny blue punch tape instead of a keyboard always raised a few eyebrows... Oh, I be such the geek! My first home computer was a Compucolor 8001 from 1976 though I bought it new in early 1980. So at least I had a color computer for my first toy... Hehe!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4