Furnished Condo Deals In Cebu

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

I have been looking at several furnished condo deals in Cebu City area. A lot of these seem too good to be true, several between 8000 and 10000 php per month, all furnished with really nice stuff, at least on the pictures provided they look pretty good. Are all these just condo scams??

• Like 1

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Answer....., This is the Philippines!

If you don't build it yourself, manage it yourself, and buy the furniture that goes into it yourself ...., well.....

Let the Buyer beware!

Papa Carl

• Like 1

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Answer....., This is the Philippines!

If you don't build it yourself, manage it yourself, and buy the furniture that goes into it yourself ...., well.....

Let the Buyer beware!

Papa Carl

I know, I am highly suspicious. However next time I am back I will have a look at a couple anyway just to satisfy my curiousity.

• Like 2

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/24414379/invest+a+furnished+condo+unit+at+7k/mos?event=Search+Ranking,Position,2-3,3#advertisementDetails

the attached advert is the one I have been looking at. Seems too good to be true, and usually in the Philippines that means it is dodgey.

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Nice photos! Maybe taken at another location.

When you visit, take photographs of the furnishing. They might do a switch while you are signing the lease. It won't be the first time. 

• Like 2

ABCDiamond
Posted
Posted

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/24414379/invest+a+furnished+condo+unit+at+7k/mos?event=Search+Ranking,Position,2-3,3#advertisementDetails

the attached advert is the one I have been looking at. Seems too good to be true, and usually in the Philippines that means it is dodgey.

The well placed mirror makes it look much bigger than the total size of 22 sqm, for the entire apartment.

That just reminded me, now I am back in Australia, to compare my room sizes against the Philippines.  I have been planning to do that for ages.

My bedroom is 22 sqm in size, (including ensuite).

That will be why I felt cramped in some of the smaller Philippines units.

After 10 months there though, you sort of get used to the sizes.  It is all part of "Culture Shock" to begin with.

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted

The photographed condo look biger than 22 sqm.

Perhaps they have furnished with child size furniture to make it look biger  :lol:

After 10 months there though, you sort of get used to the sizes. It is all part of "Culture Shock" to begin with.
Some extra problem to get used to it if being "Wiking size" if having to have the head in the bedroom, body in the livingroom and the feet in the bathroom to lay straight  :hystery:

(Actualy my first appartment was only 19 sqm, but it didn't "sabotage" by having extra walls as in the ad condo. Only the bathroom was separated. The "kitchen" was in a cubbard built into the wall. But the room wasn't big so I invented "Compact living" some decades before it got a name. Using big strong storage shelfs much so the height was use much. Such shelfes are much adjustable so e g one section became a writing desk with shelfes above, in an other part of the bed went under, so I could get a "fat TV" above my feet, plus more shelfes above the TV...  So I learned to use the space. But I got problem by I went on furneturing like that when I got biger appartments and villa too, to get space for more things, so I had a lot to get rid of when I left my villa now  :lol:   as a step to move to RP. (=Easier to leave a rented appartment than an own house.) I made this step in between, because my injury isn't ready to go to RP yet. Plus I have more sorting to do what to get rid of, but now I don't have an overfull villa. "only" an overfull 3 room appartment  :hystery:

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I ran across some new condo's for sale while I was looking for a place to rent in Baguio. Typically the advertisements and the sale is structured in a way to make the price look low. Notice they don't list the actual total asking price for purchasing the condo. There have been some other threads here discussing precautions for purchasing a condo.

As with all things in the Philippines, do your due diligence!

• Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

The pictures look nice but the 22 sqm sounds so small.  It looks nice.  Worth going to see it person at least.

I probably got spoiled by my first house here.  It is only a bamboo house with nipa/tin roof... but 45 sq meters. And that does not include the attacehed cr and laundry room we added to it.   When we move next year it is going to be difficult to cut down that much - but I am sure we will have to.  :tiphat:

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I probably got spoiled by my first house here. It is only a bamboo house with nipa/tin roof... but 45 sq meters. And that does not include the attacehed cr and laundry room we added to it. When we move next year it is going to be difficult to cut down that much - but I am sure we will have to. :tiphat:
I don't believe you have to, if you stay a bit outside a city as you live now. I have seen several rather nice looking houses for cheap rent and not so small as many city appartments.

One of the advantages with living rural, it's space outside to add house space at if wanted  :)   as you have done now.

• Like 2