Where's The Best Place To Buy A New Toyota Van, Or Slightly Used???

Greetings Expats, Where is the best place to buy a Toyota van, new or used? I heard that Olongapo has always been a good place in the past, but I don't know if that is still true. Does anyone have any insight into this, and how much for NEW on average? Thanks... Jimmy

• Like 1

Obvious Answer would be a Toyota dealer! Yes you can save on grey imports but the law may well come along and bite your ass. I personally know 4 people who have had their cars impounded because the paperwork is not legit!

So back to my first statement, buy from the official dealer and avoid head aches  :1 (103):

• Like 2

Subic / Olongapo does not have a Toyota dealership.  There are Ford and Mitsubishi dealers in SBFZ but I know the Ford dealer does not have used cars and I suspect the Mitsubishi dealer does not either.  Ford dealer used cars are in San Fernando and the nearest Toyota dealer is in San Fernando.  Most of the major brands are in San Fernando and I think Angeles has some dealers too.

There are a large amount of used Japanese cars imported into Subic, but they are all converted from right to left hand drive.  I looked at one lot (next to the Ford dealer) and the cars look nice, but I don't think I would buy one, due to inherent risks of buying a conversion.

For used cars from individuals, I did not find much to choose from in Subic / Olongapo last April.  This is based on Sulit and Ayos Dito searchs.  There is a lot more in Pampanga, but many are used car "dealers".

In any case, right now you need to do double due diligence to check if a car was flooded, before you buy in this area.  The shops and dealers are full of flooded cars being repaired, with more still sitting on side streets.

• Like 1
  • Forum Support

I agree with Geoff buy from a dealer any other place you could be buying a stolen or black market vehicle.

Subic / Olongapo does not have a Toyota dealership.  There are Ford and Mitsubishi dealers in SBFZ but I know the Ford dealer does not have used cars and I suspect the Mitsubishi dealer does not either.  Ford dealer used cars are in San Fernando and the nearest Toyota dealer is in San Fernando.  Most of the major brands are in San Fernando and I think Angeles has some dealers too.

There are a large amount of used Japanese cars imported into Subic, but they are all converted from right to left hand drive.  I looked at one lot (next to the Ford dealer) and the cars look nice, but I don't think I would buy one, due to inherent risks of buying a conversion.

For used cars from individuals, I did not find much to choose from in Subic / Olongapo last April.  This is based on Sulit and Ayos Dito searchs.  There is a lot more in Pampanga, but many are used car "dealers".

In any case, right now you need to do double due diligence to check if a car was flooded, before you buy in this area.  The shops and dealers are full of flooded cars being repaired, with more still sitting on side streets.

So, Buy new if budget allows, buy from a main dealer, buy Diesel to drive through the floods, buy Van or SUV to get the ground clearance, just in case the roads are a bit rough. Then! you cant go wrong!