And Another Torrent Site Bites The Dust

Mike S
Posted
Posted

It is my understanding that isoHunt is one of the longest running torrent sites but it's founder promises to be back .... what killed him was being in the US I believe ..... JMHO

http://variety.com/2013/digital/news/isohunt-gary-fung-piracy-settlement-1200747511/

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Ooooooops ... my bad .... it is a Canadian based company .... guess I got confused there ..... I always figured that Canada WAS part of the US ...... now I gotta go hide under my bed before Bob and his friends read this .....  :hystery:  :hystery:  :hystery:

• Like 3

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

And so you should sir, and so you should. We are taught how to read in Canada. And read maps!!!! Ha Ha

No problem we are all Americans, North Americans that is.

Papa Carl

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

And so you should sir, and so you should. We are taught how to read in Canada. And read maps!!!! Ha Ha

Papa Carl

Psssssssst .... I'll tell you a secret if you promise not to tell Bob ..... all my folks from way back migrated down from Canada to New England .... so we are in fact French Canadian Americans .... just to be PC .... and we all know how important it is to be PC (politically correct) ...... :mocking: :mocking:

:cheersty:

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Interesting comment, Papa Carl. If asked, "Where are you from?" I used to reply, "America." This creates confusion in certain countries because the way they learned geography it meant North, Central and South America. The correct reply is, "United States."

During our travels in the United States, when asked I sometimes reply, "Sandwich Isles." referring to the name given by Captain Cook to honor his financial benefactor, the Earl of Sandwich. Sounds familiar like the "Isle of Man." 

By the way, the Earl was a well known gambler who refused to stop playing cards to eat. His staff would prepare slices of beef and green vegetables between two pieces of bread for the Earl and other card players. We now call it, "sandwich." 

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Geography is simpler in the Philippines.  All foreigners come from America.  I have been asked what part of America Australia, and England are in.

And for torrents I always preferred Pirate Bay.

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Another point of confusion is when someone says, "I am from the Republic of Texas."

• Like 3

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Or the Common Wealth of.....

Papa Carl

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Wouldn't that make you a Cajun wannabe? Hehe! I is back... :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1