How To Know If Your Blacklisted In Phils?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, Jusme said:

was i single out just because of being Black American traveling alone.

By that logic, I must be "white listed" :hystery: I often get singled out and questioned because I have been coming here so often and have no wife just because I am an older, white Canadian traveling along.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
On 10/4/2017 at 9:15 AM, James Berry said:

James

How do you find out if you are on the Blacklist. I have a fiance in the Philippines and want to go there and marry her.

If you have been travelling to the Philippines regularly to visit her as I hope you have been there shouldn't be a problem, and if you have no dodgy convictions in the states you should also sail through. 

If you turn up at the airport and tell them you are visiting a fiance you've never met then chances are they will think rightly you are of no fit mental state and deny you entry for your own protection. :whistling: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Jusme
Posted
Posted

So Dave you saying you are also on their blacklist right???. Because if not, 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

Jusme
Posted
Posted

I was not traveling to visit her. She was travelling with me the several times I visited. 

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jusme said:

She was travelling with me

That might be the answer right there, regardless of rase, creed or color, there has been a crack down with young women traveling overseas with older men, (I am assuming here sorry). Big push on trafficking the last few years, if I am right you are not the only one getting caught in this net

Clermont
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, scott h said:

That might be the answer right there, regardless of rase, creed or color, there has been a crack down with young women traveling overseas with older men, (I am assuming here sorry). Big push on trafficking the last few years, if I am right you are not the only one getting caught in this net

Not saying anyone thats posted has done anything wrong, but welcome to the 21 century and all the communication between each country. The minute you check in with your plane ticket, your name is downloaded into the BI system and they know who you are before you land, ( Big brother is watching over your movements ). I've mentioned this before in other threads, this is what all these ASIO meetings are about, swapping information for the good of their nation. Whether you agree or not, but I feel this can only help expats in the future by keeping scumbags out of the country and keeping them in their own country. No intent to people that have been innocently caught up in mistaken identities.

As suggested: if in doubt, check with the embassy and if you are ok at least you have a hard copy to show the BI when you land. It might take out a bit of confusion if confronted with a situation.

One time when I was going through customs over there by myself, I was scrutinized at the desk, feeling a little bit uneasy I said to the young bloke, " No he's shark sh==, " immediately the supervisor standing behind him burst out laughing and a bit of chatter started up from the desks around and I was waved through. After telling the wife about the incident, the next morning, the (bird ) beard was trimmed short and my unruly hair was cut respectably. No more mistaking me for Bin Laden. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted
47 minutes ago, Clermont said:

After telling the wife about the incident, the next morning, the (bird ) beard was trimmed short and my unruly hair was cut respectably. No more mistaking me for Bin Laden. :thumbsup:

As you may know, Osama Bin Laden was given a righteous burial at sea.  Wrapped in white cloth, he was "slid" over the side from USS Carl Vinson (Nimitz class) somewhere in the North Arabia Sea, much deeper than Persian Gulf.  

It really pays off when you approach immigration agents with utmost respect.  And in your case, your humor also played a significant role.  Well done Clermont!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Yeah Jake, I've always found when being confronted with a sticky situation, give a little laugh and if they can't understand English, grab a passerby to interpret while shouting them a coke, works wonder. Most problems over there stem from misinterpretation of what you have said, and be prepared to back down and apologize. :4617: Gee I've got a few beauties to write one days on apologizing. :hystery:

• Like 3