Meeing Women On The Net Or Wait Until I'm In The Philippines?

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

When you marry a Filipina you marry her family as well.

I don't think there us anyone on this forum that would disagree with that statement.

I happen to have very genuine in laws , but I have a friend who is not so lucky in that respect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So true....I am almost inclined to go in-law shopping before I go GF hunting again....I wish it was that easy :hystery: .

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

When you marry a Filipina you marry her family as well.

I don't think there us anyone on this forum that would disagree with that statement.

I happen to have very genuine in laws , but I have a friend who is not so lucky in that respect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So true....I am almost inclined to go in-law shopping before I go GF hunting again....I wish it was that easy :hystery: .

Thomas please read this; :attention:

Awhile back Thomas posted a great thoughtful thing on in-laws but I was unable to find it to share. 

One of the reasons I married my wife was because her Mother and Dad were such good people. I'm truly part of the family and it makes my life better for it.

We joke about "In-law shopping" but honestly its so true!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

One last bit of wisdom, if you have children keep in mind your place in the family will be highly elevated but those children (grandchildren) will be absolutely the center of all attention. :hystery:

• Like 4

Thomas
Posted
Posted
So my question is - Pick one I think might be the one and stck with her, make multiple contacts to meet when I get there or just forget about meeting anyone online and just meet someone while I am in the Philippines?
I believe what's best depend of how picky you are  :)   

=The harder you have to find possible ones, the better to search some in advance to visit when you go there.

But NOT more than a few, because if the perfect one find out you meet a lot, then it's big risk she will count you as player even when you aren't, because many are.

An ADVANTAGE with searching online first can be it's less hard to avoid "thinking" with wrong head than at a meeting  :)   Plus most scammers have bad patience, so better chance they are sorted away before meeting by they leave, when it take time before you will visit.

Meeting a big bunch of serious women take to long time anyway  :)   because at least the traditional ones from province expect you to meet their parents direct/soon. (Traditionaly the man is expected to ask the parents for permision to even have a FIRST date with their daughter. In biger cities it's common they have skiped some of the old traditions.)

Thomas please read this; :attention: Awhile back Thomas posted a great thoughtful thing on in-laws but I was unable to find it to share.
OK I have read this, but I don't know which of all my "fantastic" posts you mean  :)   I suppouse it's extra hard to find, because e g I and Bruce are "good" at going off topic, but often we manage to wait until after the main question in the topic is answered   :lol:  
  • Like 1

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted
So true....I am almost inclined to go in-law shopping before I go GF hunting again....I wish it was that easy  .

That was part of my criteria when I got past phase one "Shark or fish". Next came her family mostly based on size as that is really all you can ascertain in the beginning. Whether they are poor and party animals can be deduced through ongoing friendly interrogations hehehe 

• Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

My girlfriend told me she was an orphan.  But later I found out that her mom had died, and her father left years ago... but comes around on holidays.  So far he he has never even talked to me (he is always too drunk, and doesn't speak English), and has not asked for any money... yet...  And as for the brothers & sisters, all the women work in Malaysia, the men drink/take care of the kids.  So I actually got a pretty good family.  They all have their own money  :)

• Like 2

bows00
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hey Michael,

Now the focus of this thread has shifted towards the Filipina's family, but let's put first things first. just meeting your future Filipina requires a good solid plan. I would focus more on the strategy of meeting QUALITY Filipinas - don't make the newbie mistake and go for QUANTITY! Or your life will be in constant turmoil... And yes... stay away from the bar girls! There are so many better ones outside of such establishments!

Keep us posted on your ventures. I am planning to do the same in about 4 years when I have my finances in place.

bows00

Edited by MikeB
Removed - links to other blogs or forum not allowed
  • Like 4

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Hey Michael,

Now the focus of this thread has shifted towards the Filipina's family, but let's put first things first. just meeting your future Filipina requires a good solid plan. I would focus more on the strategy of meeting QUALITY Filipinas - don't make the newbie mistake and go for QUANTITY! Or your life will be in constant turmoil... And yes... stay away from the bar girls! There are so many better ones outside of such establishments!

Keep us posted on your ventures. I am planning to do the same in about 4 years when I have my finances in place.

bows00

I was very lucky when I had a friend introduce me to one of her friends.  Province girl, no bar scene.  Worked out great.  There are a lot of great girls here - and a lot of poor & desperate girls here.  I think mine may have been a little of both ha ha. 

I actually did pretty well talking to girls on some dating sites.  After a while the crazy ones will reveal themselves... they start out sweet... but the crazy comes out usually.  As does my own insanity.  I even had one threaten to kill me - how she was going to manage to kill me with a text from 8,000 miles away I have no idea (she did not have my last name or my real Facebook account).       :tiphat:

• Like 4

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Hi Michael,

I am a newbie here so we are some what alike, I did the internet thing, meet a nice girl, told her from the off I wasn't looking for a long term relationship and she accepted that, she is single 3 children, again not for me, met her there and came to an arrangement, she would be my tour guide and we worked out a salary for her, must say had a ball there, she knew all the places, not the usual tourist agenda but off the beaten track, never ever had a problem. We went island hopping, she knows or has relatives or friends just about every place we went. So there are some good girls on those sites, few and far between.

Now as for girls, I am no spring chicken either, but this is how easy it is, I was in Ayala for lunch, went to change some money, attractive young miss was the clerk there, just idle talk with her and said would she like a dinner sometime, when I got the receipt back form her cell number was on the back, could have knock me over and in the end with all the lovely young misses there, it was becoming a little bit embarassing with all the attention I was getting.

The  thing I did was be courteous, show respect, smile alot, and just be you and learn a few local words, goes a long way, there are so many seriously good looking woman there, oh and as I have learnt from this forum, think with your big head.

I have the same plan as you $1000 a month which I think is doable for me, any way good luck to you, maybe we can compare notes over a beer sometime.

Classic Dry
Posted
Posted

Michael, I sent you a PM. Check the top of the page.