Where Is The Disconnect?? Filipina Is Telling Me $1K Is A Lot!!

AllenInWV
Posted
Posted

Cool! Keep us posted!

• Like 2

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Yes I will , I plan to keep a very accurate diary of all my expenses so can post for any one interested, one thing I have learnt is to have a friend there to help with any items you need to buy, they all seem to have a friend that can help or a friend of a friend. I do know what I spend here for a night out at a reasonable restaurant, in the Phils it is a fraction of the price, I did post this before, but to give you some indication of the price difference, a packet of 30 cigs here 820 pesos, in the Phils 40 pesos.

• Like 4

AllenInWV
Posted
Posted (edited)

LOL Well, honestly Fred & Mimi....I hope I won't be searching for a GF by the time I retire. I'm 46 now and I'm guessing I have ~10 years before I can really think about it. Even if I had any "game" (which I don't LOL) I don't think I'll be of the mind to start into dating at 56+.

Jack...can you elaborate on what you mean by "western style"?? I think this may be where my disconnect is.

And why the difference in prices? Is it knowing where to go, or do they haggle over prices??

Edited by AllenInWV
  • Like 1

AllenInWV
Posted
Posted

Another thing.....she (the woman telling me this) is, or rather "was", from a pretty well-off family. Her dad owned a string of appliance stores. They had a driver, a nanny for her two children, a housekeeper (though I'm not clear on if she was also the nanny). Their house was pretty good-sized I guess. It was definitely gated. I can't imagine given that, that she'd not recognize a disparity in 'quality of life'.

• Like 1

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted (edited)
I can't imagine given that, that she'd not recognize a disparity in 'quality of life'.

If this is the case, I would move in with her. That way you just add your $1000 a month into the family kitty lol

Edited by Fred & Mimi
  • Like 3

AllenInWV
Posted
Posted

LOL "If that were the case"....that was more than a few years ago, I'm afraid. Her father passed, she's here now with her boys in West Virginia. She does okay, but a far cry from having live-in help. As I recall, her mother and her brother still live in the RP. Not sure about their situation.

Regardless, moving in with her isn't an option....not that I would mind. LOL

• Like 2