Where Is The Disconnect?? Filipina Is Telling Me $1K Is A Lot!!

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I believe that simply put, those who think you need $2,000-$5,000 a month to live in the Philippines are trying to recreate their home country
Yes. I suppouse I can live of less than them, because province cost less than Manila and Cebu city  (not concerning all, but concerning most)

and I want to dress as farmers (but shirt) and have an UGGLY car and big but UGGLY house, which my gf find odd   :mocking:

INSIDE the uggly house I will have SOME things western style as e g a freezer, but probably I will NOT bother to have nice finnish  - if gf let me   :lol:     

FUNCTION I find important, but not LOOK, which make much can be got much cheaper.

• Like 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted (edited)

This is what I get for 3000p a month inc water, with all the fruit and as much food as I can eat. Their is also a decent sized CR and separate shower. The setting is a tropical garden in the land belonging to my significant other's Tita.

When previewing this post the pics are upside down, not sure why??!!!

post-1-0-62618000-1420444936_thumb.jpg post-1-0-35013200-1420444942_thumb.jpg post-1-0-13086700-1420444946_thumb.jpg post-1-0-64712500-1420444949_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
fixed images
  • Like 4

John Mogusar
Posted
Posted

Wow, your living space looks awesome. I assume you're getting a great deal?

Are you living in a rural area?

What do you think a similar place would rent for in the area?

• Like 1

pokermike
Posted
Posted

Let me get this straight so your rent is $70 US dollars per month?  Wow looks like a great deal.  Poker Mike

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
When previewing this post the pics are upside down, not sure why??!!

I turned them up the correct way for you  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

Sparkles and gaudy, a sure sign of Filipina decorating  :mocking:

Nice place though.  About the size I'll be after when I move permanently.  :thumbsup:

It actually looks bigger than the studio I live in now.

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 2

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Wow, your living space looks awesome. I assume you're getting a great deal?

Are you living in a rural area?

What do you think a similar place would rent for in the area?

This is in Marbel in a subdivision. I think we have a good deal because it is through family, hence food and fruit given most days. Houses with garden start at around 4000p round here. Before we moved here we rented a 2 bedroom house in another subdivision but moved because there was no garden and no airflow so very hot all the time, that was 3500p.

It is fairly cheap in Marbel and surrounding area probably because not many expats. If wanting western luxuries that will entail a trip to Davao which is around 4 hours away. To be honest the only thing I miss here is decent coffee but I'm sure I will sort that at some point.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
To be honest the only thing I miss here is decent coffee but I'm sure I will sort that at some point.

Have you tried the Monks blend coffee? 

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
It is fairly cheap in Marbel and surrounding area probably because not many expats.
Marbel !   I suppouse it's few expats there, because several countries and insurance companies count that as a to unsafe area for foreigners   :)    Haven't you had any problem with the muslim guerilla?

You have a very nice deal.

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

To be honest the only thing I miss here is decent coffee but I'm sure I will sort that at some point.

Have you tried the Monks blend coffee? 

I've spent too much time in the US.. Save me from 3in1!

• Like 1