Where Is The Disconnect?? Filipina Is Telling Me $1K Is A Lot!!

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Have you tried the Monks blend coffee?

No I have not seen that here, only Nescafé red and Gold Blend, which is pricey!

• Like 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted (edited)

It is fairly cheap in Marbel and surrounding area probably because not many expats.

Marbel ! I suppouse it's few expats there, because several countries and insurance companies count that as a to unsafe area for foreigners :) Haven't you had any problem with the muslim guerilla?

You have a very nice deal.

Not had any problems so far. There are some Muslims here but in the minority, Marbel is about 90% Ollongo. Have met up with some expats that have been here many years and they consider it safe. As mentioned on another thread I will be looking to move to Surallah at some point. Surallah is about halfway from Marbel to Lake Sebu. Really nice area and not so citified. Edited by virginprune
  • Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

There are brands of local coffee which might be to your taste.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

The coffee I have tried here does seem to be a bit weak, even when I triple it up so it's like mud. Anyone know a strong local brand? :)

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

I use the local native ground coffee from the market. 200p per kg. It is fine ground for a paper filter coffee maker. I like it.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

If you ever get into Davao, there isa local coffee that's pretty good... You should be able to get it at the market... Isn't Marbel part of Koronadal City? I've heard there is some really good luck coffee right there!

:D

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I've spent too much time in the US.. Save me from 3in1!

Monks coffee is not a 3in one. Produced by monks in Malaybalay, Bukidnon.

Here is an example http://pinoycravings.com/2009/03/monks-blend-premium-coffee-from-malaybalay-bukidnon/

• Like 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted

If you ever get into Davao, there isa local coffee that's pretty good... You should be able to get it at the market... Isn't Marbel part of Koronadal City? I've heard there is some really good luck coffee right there!

Marbel is the old name for Koronadal but everybody uses the old name. I will have a look in the market for coffee as I have only shopped for it in the KCC mall.

John Mogusar
Posted
Posted

Took me w hi

Marbel is the old name for Koronadal but everybody uses the old name. I will have a look in the market for coffee as I have only shopped for it in the KCC mall.

Took me a while, but finally figured ^this out.

I don't plan on ever going south of Cebu island, no mater how "safe" it is. I just don't think I'd feel safe like I do in the rest of the Philippines.

robert k
Posted
Posted

Took me w hi

Took me a while, but finally figured ^this out.

I don't plan on ever going south of Cebu island, no mater how "safe" it is. I just don't think I'd feel safe like I do in the rest of the Philippines.

Names of cities repeat occasionally throughout the Philippines. Not hard to get confused. I was mixed up over two Dapitans once.