Where Is The Disconnect?? Filipina Is Telling Me $1K Is A Lot!!

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
He is going to marry his girlfriend so she can add him to her Philhealth. :thumbsup:

he doesnt have to marry his GF in order to get philhealth coverage

http://www.philhealth.gov.ph/members/individually_paying/

http://www.philhealth.gov.ph/members/individually_paying/registration.html

• Like 1

pokermike
Posted
Posted

I have failed to mention to the members that i am already married to a beautiful lady from the Phillipines already, going on two years now she will be 21 in December , i am 67. 

When i talk about being active and the expense and not possibly living on $1,000 a month it is directed to persons in a similar situation as my self and i am sure there are many, so i hope my efforst give them a better idea what to look forward to in the way of a cash out lay per month. I plan on traveling a lot , at least going to a different part of the Philiipines at least twice a month. Thailand visit once every other month. My hobbies are varied and my wife loves to join in, i love to hike and have tried a few guided hikes already there, love water sports ,  so will be buying a jet ski and a sail boat like to dive, bowling, billards i also like to spend time in the gym daily. Then as living daily goes , like to eat out a lot, go to movies at least once a week, bar hoping about twice a week and shopping for my wife. I will also be coming back to the states three months a year to live in Vegas for poker.

I am figuring this costs on an avergae monthly basis will work out to about $6,000 and yes you may all visit and party with me , i want to thank all of you for helping me before i made my first trip there and continue to get tips from all of you on how to save and i will do that, when i take advantage of many of the places and hotels you have all recommended to me besides all the other tips you have forwarded.  When i get settled there come visit.   Thanks Mike   hoping by December

• Like 2

pokermike
Posted
Posted

Found a couple weeks of great , coming again on friday for two weeks cant wait.   Thanks guys going ot visit some friends in angeles, check out subic. plus my wife wants to throw in Palawan and Mactan. Well this aint going to be cheap. Just booked flight non stop from LA to Manila , only $3,000 business class , what a deal crap! Would like to meet up with someone in any of those places if your up for a few drinks on me.   later poker mike   

davewe
Posted
Posted

I have failed to mention to the members that i am already married to a beautiful lady from the Phillipines already, going on two years now she will be 21 in December , i am 67. 

When i talk about being active and the expense and not possibly living on $1,000 a month it is directed to persons in a similar situation as my self and i am sure there are many, so i hope my efforst give them a better idea what to look forward to in the way of a cash out lay per month.

Actually I am not sure there are many but we can all dream :)

• 1 month later...
akcebu
Posted
Posted

I'm a local though not originally from Cebu, but here's a sample monthly budget in our household to give you an idea, we are renting a 3 bedroom apartment in the city and there are 5 adults in our household, no children.

Rent - $400

Electricity - $50

Water - $20

Internet - $40

Mobile - $40

Drinking Water - $10

Groceries - $300

Transportation - $200

That's a little over 1000$ and no budget for movies, dining out, travel or other entertainment, your mileage may vary :)

• Like 3

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm an expat,, but here's a sample monthly budget in our household to give you an idea, we are renting a 2 bedroom house in Mactan and there are 2 adults in our household, no children in Aus dollars

Rent - $200

Electricity - $16

Water - $8

Internet - $40

Mobile - $10

Drinking Water - $3

Groceries - $240

Transportation - $100

also need to pay for visa extensions 2 monthly, no budget for movies, dining out, travel or other entertainment, your mileage may vary :)

Hi Akcebu, used your example just changed the amounts for what I spend

Edited by frosty (chris)
  • Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

I think you can spend as much on rent as you want and if you do spend alot on rent, you will likely spend alot on other things because you will be in an area where what the market will bear will be higher and cheaper options may not even be offered. If you are paying higher rent, any nearby business that serves you will probably be paying higher rent also and passing that cost on to you.

• Like 3

pokermike
Posted
Posted

I agree with you Robert, i hope i can trim back my way of life there. I am comfotable by strating out paying $1,200 a month US for rent and then trying to shop around a little for a better deal . I admire that others can make major adjustments but i know that i will not be, so i expect all my costs will be much higher. I just hope i can come under the $3,000 mark for me and my wife. I am looking at Mactan high rise condos.   I will keep everyone posted on my expenses when i strat living there.    Pokermike

jpbago
Posted
Posted

I don't pay rent but the upkeep on a house is expensive. We are on our 3rd gate lock, I changed 5 door passage sets, door buzzer, window screens, water line leak, faucet, tree branch made a hole in the roof, termites, light switches, breaker switch, paint, light bulbs, chairs, fans, TV, PC, and component. Things just don't last here. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...