Personal Bio Gas Plant

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted

I was looking at a possible land for pawn in the Argao mountain area and came across this massive hole being dug next to this piggery. I asked the workers what it was for and they said bio gas. I was impressed to see an alternative use from the smelly by product pigs produce.

Any one else heard or seen of similar?

• Like 2

Kiwi-Alan
Posted
Posted

Yes it is happening at many piggeries in Thailand.

• Like 2

JMEL
Posted
Posted

Yup. Quite common not so long ago where 2 pigs was enough for the gas to cook for a day. Many articles detailing how-to if you search google. Phils is great because the temperature is consistent. IMHO, they woild be better off using the waste for BSF thus lowering the cost of buying feed.

• Like 2

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted
BSF

What's BSF?

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I was looking at a possible land for pawn in the Argao mountain area and came across this massive hole being dug next to this piggery. I asked the workers what it was for and they said bio gas. I was impressed to see an alternative use from the smelly by product pigs produce.

Any one else heard or seen of similar?

Yes. There are e g:

/(Small) Simple covers collecting the gas, then put the gas in gas bottles somehow. (Some even use barrels as container to cover the menuere/waste easier.)

/(Big) In my province in Sweden have some biger pig farmers built a manufactory to where they transport their pig menuere to be made gas of. (I believe they sell it to be fuel for the city busses in the province capital.)

• Like 1

JMEL
Posted
Posted

BSF

What's BSF?

Black Soldier Fly. Eats the manure as larve then beforeit can grow up, it becomes mouthless and sanitary, crawls up to a feed bin where the animals eat them. Very high protein. Leaves behind a liquid similar to Miracle Grow that is then put to use directly in the fields. If not eaten, it goes dormant until it grows into amouthless, non-biting fly. Often seen in piles of coconuts.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

There is a Philippine piggery with 2 million hogs capacity. They produce electricity in a plant on the property for the power grid. The gas comes from the waste. The location is secret because the pens are concrete (makes them easier to clean), but this is against common environmentally friendly practices. They don't want to attract the attention of the animal rights groups.

• 4 weeks later...
i am bob
Posted
Posted

and here i thought you were talking about me !

:mocking:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

and here i thought you were talking about me !

:mocking:

I hear you Bob.  I bought some Staggs Chili at Royal Duty Free the other day and I think my Personal Power Plant could have kept the lights on in Manila for a few days!

smiley-fart006.gif

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)
I hear you Bob.  I bought some Staggs Chili at Royal Duty Free the other day and I think my Personal Power Plant could have kept the lights on in Manila for a few days!

Indeed. A clever solution for Manila's increased price for electricity. Do you want payment in cash or Meralco shares? 

Edited by JJReyes
  • Like 1