Personal Bio Gas Plant

Americano
Posted
Posted

I was looking at a possible land for pawn in the Argao mountain area and came across this massive hole being dug next to this piggery. I asked the workers what it was for and they said bio gas. I was impressed to see an alternative use from the smelly by product pigs produce.

Any one else heard or seen of similar?

Bio Gas? Who are you trying to fool? No Filipino living in the Philippines knows what Bio Gas is.  Let's see you prove me wrong.

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted (edited)
Bio Gas? Who are you trying to fool? No Filipino living in the Philippines knows what Bio Gas is.  Let's see you prove me wrong.

I'll see if I can keep track of it. Unfortunately the fellow that wanted to pawn the land nearby to the said bio gas site didn't front with any ownership papers so we didn't end up going through with it. Now I don't have reason to go by that way anymore

Edited by Fred & Mimi

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

The house I previously rented in Liloan had a biogas "still" on it.  The previous owner was a Brit with a filipina wife and he had built a small "still"  (which is the best word I can think of and it looked like a still made of concrete) to harness the methane from his 12 pig piggery .  The gas was piped off to the dirty kitchen to run the gas stove and a gas powered refrigerator.  I do not know how practical it was because the Brit died shortly after completing his project, the wife sold the property to a filipina with money who stripped everything metal off the still and the concrete vat naturally turned into a rainwater cesspool.  Total waste of effort in my opinion as no one besides the Brit had a clue what he was trying to accomplish or why and he did not live long enough to make any dent in the knowledge pool.

• Like 2

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted
he did not live long enough to make any dent in the knowledge pool.

Knowledge pool??? If it ain't broke break it