Funny Thing Happened At Reserve Training...

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

You know if you salute me I'll yell at you right???

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted
It was an old US Navy tradition that young junior officers with no salt behind their ears yet, should always ask the chief for any technical and leadership advice.  Unfortunately, the modern high tech navy has erased that tradition.  

There was an easy way to break in those young officers. Follow their orders exactly until they learned to listen and consider the advice of the enlisted sailors who actually did the work. The more experienced officers could then chew their butt when they screwed up. Eventually the young officers learned to value the experience of the enlisted sailors who worked for them.

Once the engineering officer didn't want to implement my recommendation for a planned evolution. The captain asked me about it before hand and instructed the engineering officer to follow my recommendations.

• Like 5

Jake
Posted
Posted

Perfect another two cup man! (Jake stay away from that one! I said a two CUP man! Nothing to do with cup sizes!)

Congrats!

Papa Carl

Perfect another two cup man! (Jake stay away from that one! I said a two CUP man! Nothing to do with cup sizes!)

Congrats!

Papa Carl

I agree Papa Carl,

However, my Aussie spy secretly smuggled this ultra top secret image of CWO BrettGC's promotion blowout at 

South Beach in Perth.  BrettGC is not concern about cup size anymore -- it's really the cup volume and flow rate.

post-686-0-57816700-1386946679_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted

I believe that the extremely strict adherance to orders, usually performed at the fastest possible speed used to be called a "white mutiny". I was once assigned to assist a second lieutenant, little things like telling him where we actually were which was usually 1-2 kilometers from where he had calculated we were, not allowing him to set up his tent in a dry creekbed in a flash flood area and once suggesting that he not take up a defensive position under a bush that had a mildly venemous reptile in it's branches. :)

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
I agree Papa Carl, However, my Aussie spy secretly smuggled this ultra top secret image of CWO BrettGC's promotion blowout at South Beach in Perth. BrettGC is not concern about cup size anymore -- it's really the cup volume and flow rate. Papa Carl's 2 cup hold.jpg

Now that's a time I'd really enjoy being "in my cups"!

• Like 1

NavyRN
Posted
Posted

Been doing some reading on the history of the Warrant Officer, interesting stuff.  Most of it I already knew such as I'm not commissioned but rather have been issued a "Warrant" by the Queen (or representative) and am not to be saluted but nonetheless still addressed as "Sir".. So I still do work for a living!  Neither am I an NCO anymore either, but there's a space in-between. 

Funny thing is, a Petty Officer in Commonwealth navies is considered a Senior NCO.  He is a member of the Senior Sailors mess, wears a peaked cap and no longer wears the sailor's collar and is issued his authority by the Queen (or representative) rather than local command. When I was promoted to the dizzy heights of PO, I was posted to Ft Meade in Maryland (yes, I was one of those types.. Shhh, or I'll have to kill you) and went through the USN Chiefs initiation.. Fun times!!

So Jake, yes, I'll happily accept your coffee cup :D

Hello BrettGC,

Talk about rank and privileges, my wife Judy is my commander in chief with that 3rd star vs my humble 2 stars.....he, he.

That's funny, I call my boss COMNAVWIFEPAC

• Like 2