Baguio Losing Allure As Tourism Haven

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Baguio losing allure as tourism havenBAGUIO CITY -- Garbage, a declining peace-and-order situation, and the change in the interests of the younger generation have pulled down the allure of Baguio as a tourism destination. :AddEmoticons04230: This comes as a surprise, I had heard nothing but good about Baguio up until now. http://www.sunstar.com.ph/network/baguio-l...e-tourism-haven

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately when word gets around about a nice place to live or vacation people flock there. Rising population and congestion lead to an increase in pollution and soon the beautiful location is just another overcrowded city. The same is happening in Boracay. Years ago when we went to Baguio it was a small town. It had beautiful parks clean air and not so many people. The last time I was there I was much less impressed. That was 10 years ago i am sure it is more crowded now.

TheMason
Posted
Posted
Baguio losing allure as tourism havenBAGUIO CITY -- Garbage, a declining peace-and-order situation, and the change in the interests of the younger generation have pulled down the allure of Baguio as a tourism destination. :AddEmoticons04230: This comes as a surprise, I had heard nothing but good about Baguio up until now. http://www.sunstar.com.ph/network/baguio-l...e-tourism-haven
As a Baguio resident I don't see much here to attract tourists. The weather is nice, but other than that there isn't anything here. I find the hotels and rest. expensive too. I don't see piles of garbage about and don't know about the crime rate, but it is a crowded city. The traffic and pollution along Session Rd, Magsaysay, and Abanao are pretty bad. The area around the City Market is choked with vehicles and pollution. I live on the outskirts of town though, so it's nice enough out where I am.I think all the tourists should go to Cebu and leave me alone here in Baguio. :tiphat:

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
As a Baguio resident I don't see much here to attract tourists. The weather is nice, but other than that there isn't anything here. I find the hotels and rest. expensive too. I don't see piles of garbage about and don't know about the crime rate, but it is a crowded city. The traffic and pollution along Session Rd, Magsaysay, and Abanao are pretty bad. The area around the City Market is choked with vehicles and pollution. I live on the outskirts of town though, so it's nice enough out where I am.I think all the tourists should go to Cebu and leave me alone here in Baguio. :woohoo:
:cheers: :tiphat: