Some Used Cars Not To Be Registered ???????

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Now before someone gets their panties in a bind this post is by a member here Wombat but posted on another board .... I make no claim as to it's authenticity and i can only hope to god it is NOT correct as I am the owner of a car that was imported in 2006 ..... anyone have any additional thoughts or information on this ?????????

By the way one link is not operational ... at least not for me ....

Please don't shoot the messenger .... :hystery: :hystery:
:cheersty:

Executive order 156 in feb 2013 was upheld, Simply put if u buy a car that was imported into the Philippines since 2002 either subic Cagayan, or anywhere else its classed as a smuggled or hot car, which means if the registration is paid ,its not valid and the car can be seized ,

there are a few exceptions,
returning ofw with their personal car,
special purpose vehicles
donated vehicles,

THERE ARE CARS BEING SOLD CHEAP ATM WITH B PLATE FROM CEZA CAGAYAN

THE ONLY WAY AROUND IT IS TO PAY 52ok extra fee,

http://www.topgear.c...on-surplus-cars

http://cheftonio.blo...import-ban.html

http://newsinfo.inqu...ps-car-shipment

Thomas
Posted
Posted
which means if the registration is paid ,its not valid and the car can be seized ,
THE ONLY WAY AROUND IT IS TO PAY 52ok extra fee,
How could registrations made by officials, WITHOUT BRIBING, be invalid as that in general???  Aren't they checking documents, when they register?

IF it's true, then it seem to be a SCAM by the government, trying to get 52k for every such car...

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
IF it's true, then it seem to be a SCAM by the government, trying to get 52k for every such car... You like this U

Thomas, I get the impression, it is only private imports and not Bona fide  company imports. Dealerships and the such like.

:tiphat:

Thomas
Posted
Posted

IF it's true, then it seem to be a SCAM by the government, trying to get 52k for every such car... You like this U

Thomas, I get the impression, it is only private imports and not Bona fide  company imports. Dealerships and the such like.

:tiphat:

Yes. But the REGISTRATION is made by officials. Philippines demand documents in quadruplicates about "everything" else, so it would be very odd if they haven't checked documents when they registered the cars the FIRST time. So I still find it very fishy...

jon1
Posted
Posted

I would think that as long as the CR has the Customs Duties paid Statement on it they can not do anything. I did read that with the revamping of Customs Commissioners that this order was going to be strictly enforced on all new registration applications.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I would think that as long as the CR has the Customs Duties paid Statement on it they can not do anything. I did read that with the revamping of Customs Commissioners that this order was going to be strictly enforced on all new registration applications.

jon 1 ..... where is this Customs Duties Paid Statement supposed to be ..... my car came in to the Phils in 2006 and I don't see any such statement on my CR so I guess I'm one of the unlucky ones .... :bash:

jon1
Posted
Posted

Mike,

There should be a one line entry across the bottom of the CR. I can't recall what it says exactly. Don't give up hope yet. Where was your vehicle processed? 

LTO Diliman is the main office and it implies that all imported vehicles registered here went through all the process required for it to be legit. You can have the vehicle registered at other LTO branches even without customs payment through red tape and they'll convince you that there's no problem because it's already registered until you get apprehended by an officer that recognizes the flaw and have your vehicle impounded. The certificate of registration should have a BOC-CP # typed on it which stands for Bureau of Customs, Certification of Payment and this is another document wherein the CP# should cross match the number typed on the vehicle registration.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I can't find any tax info on our car .... I registered it last year in Talisay and before that it was registered in Bahol ..... prior to that I don't know ......

Americano
Posted
Posted

Keep in mind that imported as a car and imported as parts is a big difference. My Mulitcab was imported as parts and then reassembled here so I assume this requirement doesn't apply to it.  Actually, importing used vehicles is illegal anyway.

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

The only cars imported as parts as far as I know are multi-cabs .... all Kia's like mine are imported as whole cars as they are not disassembled .... only right hand drive cars are converted .... I'm sure there will be a work around as there are far to many cars imported from 2002 to the present to just dump them in the scrap yard .... but then this is the Philippines .... the land that time and logic forgot ..... so anything can happen ....  :hystery:  :hystery:

Edited by Mike S