The New Peso Rate

wallyperrier
Posted
Posted

while peso to dollar goes upto euro, goes down,now 61, the highest i bought was 72, in july!!!!! :13_4_10[1]:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

Lets try to keep this thread about the peso and exchange rates. Thanks all.I moved the other posts to The financial crisis thread

Edited by Mr. Lee

• 2 weeks later...
Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Yahoo Currency Conversion Results Symbol U.S. Dollar ExchangeRate Philippine Peso Bid Ask USDPHP=X 1 Nov 6 48.610 48.610 48.610 48.710 Currency Conversion Results Symbol Australian Dollar ExchangeRate Philippine Peso Bid Ask AUDPHP=X 1 Nov 6 33.157 33.157 33.157 33.233 Currency Conversion Results Symbol Euro ExchangeRate Philippine Peso Bid Ask EURPHP=X 1 Nov 6 62.209 62.209 62.209 62.342 http://finance.yahoo.com/currency/convert?...;amt=1&t=2y

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted
Yahoo Currency Conversion Results Symbol U.S. Dollar ExchangeRate Philippine Peso Bid Ask USDPHP=X 1 Nov 6 48.610 48.610 48.610 48.710 Currency Conversion Results Symbol Australian Dollar ExchangeRate Philippine Peso Bid Ask AUDPHP=X 1 Nov 6 33.157 33.157 33.157 33.233 Currency Conversion Results Symbol Euro ExchangeRate Philippine Peso Bid Ask EURPHP=X 1 Nov 6 62.209 62.209 62.209 62.342 http://finance.yahoo.com/currency/convert?...;amt=1&t=2y
Big problem ive got is my cash is in Sterling.. which has just took a 1.5% interest cut in the UK which may help to create spending but i pretty much doubt it.. think its stuck at around 76 where not long ago was 84 - 86 i do expect a recovery within the next 3 months but was hoping it would all happen sooner rather than later as I head home December. If the peso goes into free fall maybe the rate will recover as expected. Dollar rate seems to be relying on people clinging onto it rather than home currencies.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Currency Conversion Results Symbol U.S. Dollar ExchangeRate Philippine Peso Bid Ask USDPHP=X 1 Nov 11 48.990 48.990 48.990 49.040 Currency Conversion Results Symbol Australian Dollar ExchangeRate Philippine Peso Bid Ask AUDPHP=X 1 Nov 11 32.233 32.233 32.233 32.278 Currency Conversion Results Symbol Euro ExchangeRate Philippine Peso Bid Ask EURPHP=X 1 Nov 11 61.326 61.326 61.326 61.403 http://finance.yahoo.com/currency/convert?...;amt=1&t=2y

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted
Currency Conversion Results Symbol U.S. Dollar ExchangeRate Philippine Peso Bid Ask USDPHP=X 1 Nov 11 48.990 48.990 48.990 49.040 Currency Conversion Results Symbol Australian Dollar ExchangeRate Philippine Peso Bid Ask AUDPHP=X 1 Nov 11 32.233 32.233 32.233 32.278 Currency Conversion Results Symbol Euro ExchangeRate Philippine Peso Bid Ask EURPHP=X 1 Nov 11 61.326 61.326 61.326 61.403 http://finance.yahoo.com/currency/convert?...;amt=1&t=2y
Well i think the Peso is about to get worse.. There are OFWs starting to leave the UK due to lack of work which means a lot less money buying pesos to keep it high and a lot less money going home.. I also read a similar news report coming out of Australia. Looks like things are about to get a lot worse. Just hope inflation doesnt get out of control in RP.

Mik
Posted
Posted

Things are going to get worse and may not turn around for another 8 years or so when the Democrats will no longer have control of Congress and the Treasury.

... i do expect a recovery within the next 3 months but was hoping it would all happen sooner rather than later as I head home December ...

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Geeeeez Mike ........ you shouldn't sugar-coat it so much ........... SugarwareZ-011.gif ........... but I agree ....... :36_1_50[1]:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

UBS: Peso to breach 50-$1 level by year endBy Lawrence Agcaoili Investment bank UBS of Switzerland expects the foreign exchange rate breaching the P50 to $1 level by the end of the year due to the sharp global economic downturn brought about by the financial turmoil in the United StatesRead more belowhttp://www.manilastandardtoday.com/?page=b...ess3_nov15_2008Do you think they might just have guess right, considering that it is hovering just under now! :) SugarwareZ-004.gif

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted
Things are going to get worse and may not turn around for another 8 years or so when the Democrats will no longer have control of Congress and the Treasury.
... i do expect a recovery within the next 3 months but was hoping it would all happen sooner rather than later as I head home December ...
Comment was regarding the UK Sterling to Peso. Its moved today back up from around 71-72 to 75 just hope it heads back up to the 80s. As steling starts to stabilize it overshot the mark with the recession and currently bouncing hopefully to around 84 but time will tell if it will be before i get home..lol Also up against the Dollar so hoping the UK government can be less :1 (235): and more :welcome: leaving things alone to recover.. as currently all i hear is a lot of noise as politicians scramble to make a nest for themselves and position themselves politically instead of sorting the real problem which is we need to go into a slow down to balance the books. Just sit and ride it out.. its the only way out for the UK at the moment. The current ideas labour government are coming up with just dont work. Only thing i would do during a recession is develop infrastructure projects while people are cheap!