Scores Injured By Philippines Fireworks

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted (edited)

It was inevitable that it would happen with abundant fireworks and only limited intelligence in many cases.

More than 160 people have been injured by fireworks in the Philippines as they prepared to welcome the New Year, the government said Saturday.

READ HERE

Edited by Fred & Mimi

Thomas
Posted
Posted

And think of the gun shots idiots shoot up in the air, not thinking of they will come down again... :bash:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

And think of the gun shots idiots shoot up in the air, not thinking of they will come down again... :bash:

Choice, not caring how others may be affected.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

This is where our B/Captains and helpers should be on hand. Patrolling the streets and giving advice on a Little safety  :unsure:

I guess maybe, it is not seen, as a part of their Duty.

Until someone gets hurt of course. Then, it would be, " Let's Blame someone" (Not us though) we did not see things and It is the Filipino way, Dangerous or not!

:tiphat:

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted
Until someone gets hurt of course. Then, it would be, " Let's Blame someone" (Not us though) we did not see things and It is the Filipino way

Unfortunately it becomes the foreigner's problem if the said person is in a family he is a new member of. I got stroppy the other week with my partner's brother because he thought he was clever by opening a bottle cap with his teeth. I told him that I was the one that would end up copping his dental bill if he broke a tooth so I told him never to do that again.

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

we cant change others but we can instill into "our extended"family that such stupidity

would not be tolerated by me/you/us, as in the long run we will have to pay for there actions.

a few years ago the smoke/smog/pollution was so bad that NAIA manila airport was closed for a few hours

i am curious if any changes has been made to prevent this again 

. medical note.

if you or family does get hurt. make sure you CLEAN the wound and if required get medical help.

every year 5-9 days after these "genus" start getting tetanus    and a few die .   

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I told him that I was the one that would end up copping his dental bill if he broke a tooth so I told him never to do that again.

Ain't that just the Truth, of it all,

Last week, some Kids up the road damaged the Chain on our Back gate,

Answer to the Problem came as, well just buy a new one.

Then they wonder why,  they don't get invited into our garden or House.

Sometimes, I wonder if it is seen, as marrying into the Barangay as well, as the Family :89:

After all the Christmas sweeties for the Kids, we now have, what time are you letting off your Fireworks (I guess they want to come and Watch)   :kidding:  :as-if:

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE :cheersty:

:tiphat:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

We used to have the same problems with fireworks and gunshots in the US.  I remember when I was a young teenager several people were getting injured / killed by the bullets each year.  Gradually awareness was raised, laws were passed, and enforced, and the problems were reduced.

It seems there is more awareness being raised in Philippines, and perhaps new laws will be passed, but what will be lacking is enforcement.

Edit:  We still have the gunshots in the US but now they are mostly gang related!  :unsure:

Edited by OnMyWay

jpbago
Posted
Posted

I believe that there are no fireworks in Davao and no littering too. It can be done and enforced. We have year round fireworks here, even at the church by the church to scare away the devil. As in the OP states, " limited intelligence."

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
even at the church by the church to scare away the devil. As in the OP states, " limited intelligence."

I wouldn't read too much into stuff like that.  We all have our traditions that might seem silly to others.  In this case, the tradition was probably started by a fireworks company marketing / sales department!   :hystery:

• Like 1