Flilipina Transiting Miami

Curley
Posted
Posted

My understanding is that a foreigner that would otherwise need a visa can not even enter US air space unless they possess the transit "C" Visa. The US has become a fortress.

Thanks a lot, I have been trying to find a flight that doesn't go through the states, looks as though I'll have to redouble my efforts and never mind the price. To get two flights eg Manila to Madrid and Madrid to Medellin is no problem but I really want a "through" ticket.

Curley
Posted
Posted

My understanding is that a foreigner that would otherwise need a visa can not even enter US air space unless they possess the transit "C" Visa. The US has become a fortress.

Does anyone know the requirements for this "C" visa?

Curley
Posted
Posted (edited)

Does anyone know the requirements for this "C" visa?

Just found this  INCREDIBLE http://www.immihelp.com/visas/transitvisa/c1visa.html    

It could take months, just to get a visa to transit!

Edited by Curley
  • Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
Just found this  INCREDIBLE

The issue is not yet clear. The transit visa assumes you are presenting your passport before a US Immigration officer. This does not happen if you are just waiting at the transit lounger for a connecting flight. You are in limbo. 

The question is, "Will the airline(s) allow you to transit through a US port of entry without a transit visa? 

Markham
Posted
Posted

Thanks a lot, I have been trying to find a flight that doesn't go through the states, looks as though I'll have to redouble my efforts and never mind the price. To get two flights eg Manila to Madrid and Madrid to Medellin is no problem but I really want a "through" ticket.

KLM -- Manila - Amsterdam - Panama City - Medellin. KLM will take her as far as Panama where she transfers to P5 Aerorepublica but it will be all on one ticket with baggage checked through to Medellin.

Curley
Posted
Posted

KLM -- Manila - Amsterdam - Panama City - Medellin. KLM will take her as far as Panama where she transfers to P5 Aerorepublica but it will be all on one ticket with baggage checked through to Medellin.

Strange, I checked with KLM and they didn't come up with that option. Personally I would go Manila - Madrid - Medellin   much simpler but at the moment it would mean two tickets which I think will bring with it visa requirements.

Curley
Posted
Posted

Just did a search on KLM again and got the reply....

1. No itinerary found for one of the requested segments

Markham
Posted
Posted

Just did a search on KLM again and got the reply....

1. No itinerary found for one of the requested segments

That may be because the web site doesn't allow multiple segment journeys so you may need to book with a travel agent. To help you, here are the flight details:

KL808  Depart Manila 20:50             Arrive Amsterdam 06:55 (upto 3 hours technical layover in Taipei)

KL757  Depart Amsterdam 11:25     Arrive Panama City 16:40

CM679 Depart Panama City 18:36   Arrive Medellin 19:57

Alternatively (about 500 Euros cheaper):

KL808  Depart Manila 20:50             Arrive Amsterdam 06:55 (upto 3 hours technical layover in Tapei)

AF8229 Depart Amsterdam 08:00    Arrive Paris 09:25

AF422  Depart Paris (CDG) 10:40    Arrive Bogota 16:10

AV9336 Depart Bogota 18:14           Arrive Medellin 19:16

CM679 is operated by P5 AeroRepublica and AV9336 by Avianca and all the flight information came from KLM.com

Curley
Posted
Posted

Thank you, I have contacted a travel agent asking for Manila - Madrid - Medellin. Now I can do the same for the Panama version.