Alec Baldwin Pisses Off Senator With Mail Order Bride Remark

TheMason
Posted
Posted
WELL.... To throw my 2 bob in the ring...... i think that is the best thing to happen to that "F**kwit" baldwin.... if he is 51 like he says, he should have more brains.... common sense is not as common as the name implies.... what they should have done, is.....have all the paper work ready for Black list.. wait for the Mother F**ker to arrive in phils.. bang the paperwork through... arrest him and throw him in the slammer and let some big hairy a** make a mail order bride out of him... maybe he would change his way of talking then......O_WELL........ i have had my bitch on the subject..... cheers all...
You honestly think Baldwin has the Philippines on his travel itinerary? Why on earth would he ever come here? I see more of the degenerate, cheap class of foreigner in the RP than I do the rich and famous.Alec Baldwin did not create the image of Filipinos as domestics, sex workers, and mail order brides. The Filipino people and govt. have done that for themselves through their collective actions. If the RP govt. and people don't like the image they have in most parts of the world, they should stop the sex tourism and create jobs so there is no need for their people to go overseas to have a bright future.Every country I've ever lived in had lots of online dating sites. The Philippines and Thailand are the only ones I've seen that are so heavily slanted towards landing a foreigner and moving overseas. Not surprisingly, this gives Thai and Filipino women a reputation as easily available to foreigner husbands. Go figure.

retired
Posted
Posted

Though i would agree that Baldwin's " joke " was politically insensitive " it was what it was , a joke made to elicit a response from an audience . I doubt many Americans would think anything about it as Baldwin has a habit of stirring up things anyway . In the meantime some Manila politician takes the international stage " again " to essentially make threats and i for one see that as simply painting the Philippines in an even worse light . Maybe the politicians need to do something about cleaning up their own countries image as mentioned by Mason and worry less about what someone else thinks or says . :-) Besides , to my knowledge the US does not have a history of making opinionated people disappear as does the Philippines . :-)

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

RP accepts Alec Baldwin's apology http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?artic...ubCategoryId=63What do you know, the Philippines accepted his blog apology. :13_4_10[1]:

Travis
Posted
Posted (edited)
RP accepts Alec Baldwin's apology http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?artic...ubCategoryId=63What do you know, the Philippines accepted his blog apology. :13_4_10[1]:
Baldwin is still a dick. A Jane Fonda without the dress. Whoops, I hope that word is allow? If not mods please feel free to delete the post. Sorry Edited by Traveler

Warlord
Posted
Posted

Alec Baldwin Joe Smooo etc...Who Cares its a well known fact for many years that the Philippines is a place to acquire wife and the term "mail order bride" has been used until recently when the government decided to outlaw this practice even though its still happening in many aspects but just more more discretely without using that term. Somewhat its the same as the term "Sex Tourism" in the Philippines when they have a reputation throughout the world for these activities and then the government try's to put a positive spin on the subject and deny or degrade the fact that it exists to please the groups, countries, and people that bring it to their attention and complain.Mean while they cant literally stop it as it is a major source of tourism as well as influx of pesos into the economy that has such a drastic poverty issue as well as major source of Filipino's incomes.So mail order bride , sex tourism when spoken out of country are quickly denied or made an issue so as to sound as if they are dealing with it. When actually they are only putting a bandaid on a major wound. Ok enough said.. Oh yah what was the topic Alec Baldwin and mail order bride comment.Who cares! lol Warlord