Average Filipino Family Income About 20,000 Pesos A Month

stevewool
Posted
Posted

the most important thing is live within your means, like many have said before we came  along, they all managed well it seems,

• Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted

But then what do you do in the case of an emergency like when an ambulance comes to your door at 2 AM with your nephew unconscious from a motorcycle accident and his wife asks for money to take him to the hospital?

But then what do you do when your wife's brother in law dies and your wife's sister does not have the money to take him to the funeral home?

But then what do you do when your wife's two daughters get dengue fever and are taken to the hospital and ICU?

What do you do about your daughter's education costs?

If you wife is an orphan and has no kids, then your costs can be low but otherwise, there are many add ons.

BUT then, What would They do if We were not here?? That is more to the point.

Answer, sort it out themselves!! they have always done it before, We just make it too easy :unsure:

:tiphat:

I agree with Jack. If you (the reader) gets sick, is it my responsibility to make you better? I don't have the money to heal the world. I will do what I can to help the family but I won't be their bank either. A few early "No"s should help establish that.

Sent by using a very long piece of string, a couple tin cans, 2 gaseous monkeys, Tapatalk and my Nexus 4

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I think what jpbago is saying is that in the case of EMERGENCES not the normal BS some guys are asked to contribute to such as a new motorcycle .... education .... house etc.     ...... IF you have the means it is pretty near impossible for most folks to turn down the examples he gave in his post .... when my father-in-law passed several years ago we helped with the hospital bill and burial expenses as did other members of the family depending on their ability to pay .... but when asked to pay for medical treatment for one of her nephews we said no because both the husband and wife worked as OFW's and had the money .... JMHO

:cheersty:

• Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Now what Mike is saying I can agree with...  Nobody is that cold to turn down the truly needy, are they?  And that is not the impression I want to give of myself either.  But I also won't give to those who think I'm their local money tree.  Which is what I thought JP was saying.  I stand corrected.  Sorry JP!

• Like 3

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Thanks Mike S and Bob. Yes, that is exactly what I was saying.

Jack said: What would They do if We were not here??

"We" have been here since the Big One, 75 years ago. "We" first helped the prostitutes and their families who in turn helped others to get educated, to become OFWs, to live overseas, to sponsor others, who in turn helped others, married foreigners, etc. They do help each other all that they can, they even borrow at Bombay 5/6 to help others. It is emergencies that they need our help with and they do appreciate it.

• Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted

You're very right on this Dave! Some we will say yes to and others we won't. We can line up for either side of the equation for forum purposes but there is no way we can truthfully answer Yes or No until the situation arises. In the meantime, put me down for 3 slices of pizza, a San Magoo and a couple "maybe"s... Or was that 3 San Magoo's, a slice and...

Sent by using a very long piece of string, a couple tin cans, 2 gaseous monkeys, Tapatalk and my Nexus 4

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Jack said: What would They do if We were not here??

Tomorrow is my wedding Anniversary, after all this time, I have lived and learned. Whilst it is a little out of the context of the OP's original posting, I will take time to outline in someway, exactly what I meant, by this statement , Please bear with me until maybe Thursday. Whilst it could be, a long post, It  may will be well worth the read. Things as we all know, are never what they always seem here in the Fun PI. Inner most thoughts always seem to enlighten us all, I know they do me, even when, I was thinking the other way

:tiphat:

• Like 4

bows00
Posted
Posted

But always keep in mind that there is a fine line between "helping" and "enabling"...  common man! Is everybody that bad financially that they can't plan for a rainy day?? Is it inherent in their culture to spend everything they have?

What ever happened to the ancient philosophy of "paying yourself first"?  Is it not taught in the Philippines? 

I am American, yes, but I believe I am where I am financially because of sound common sense disciplines with money...  i.e., only a fool spends everything he makes...

So I am sorry... Filipino or not, we are all adults... 

• Like 5