How Did You Meet Your Lady?

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
Yes I'm a girl, and she's also a girl. Hope it doesn't bother you at all. :)

Not at all, as with everyone, hope there is a happy ending :D

• Like 3

jpbago
Posted
Posted

I met her online. She's the best thing that happens to my life and I'm so excited to be with her forever. :)

Her or him? You say your female. I suspect your getting your post count up, come on tell me! Wont matter anyway as I put you on permanent moderation.   :cheersty:

Are there as many girl to girl relationships as there is boy to boy in PI? Maybe it is not as easy to see when a girl dresses up as a girl or a tomboy as compared to when a boy dresses like a girl and walks like a girl. I see gangs of 10 or 15 ladyboys here.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Are there as many girl to girl relationships as there is boy to boy in PI? Maybe it is not as easy to see when a girl dresses up as a girl or a tomboy as compared to when a boy dresses like a girl and walks like a girl. I see gangs of 10 or 15 ladyboys here.
There are many gay/lesbians, who dress as straights, so often isn't it that obvious. Otherwice they would get harder to find people, with failing "gay-radar" *  to Jerry Springer show   :)

* straight marrying an obvious gay (DRESSING straight) without understanding he is gay.

Some of the players in the Swedish female national team in soccer/football are lesbians. Some are obvious lebians, but one my "gay-radar" failed to see, but harder to see at female football players, because most of the straight females walk as men too   :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
starlet
Posted
Posted

Like so many  nowadays, I met my wife online.

We communicated using Skype and YM for some months, then I eventually travelled to Cebu and met her there. Later on the trip we went to her homeplace in Diplahan, Zamboanga Sibugay. She introduced me to her family and the whole barangay. I will never forget the welcoming in this remote barangay, hours from the nearest city, Pagadian. I was treated like a celebrity, and the kids they where in the beginning afraid of me; they had never seen a white guy before :-) Later I have visited the place 3 more times, twice together with my old mom. They have so much respect for old people; she was treated like a queen, and so eager to server and be nice.

Fast forward: Now we are happily married, living here in Norway. We have one son (3 months old), and my sweet wife has already fulltime work, and learning norwegian fast! She is very loving and caring. I'm so happy we met. Like a gift from God. Maybe some time in the future we will have a home in the Philippines.

• Like 4

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

As you probably know Starlet, big call for a Westerner going to Zamboanga, much kudos and respect to you for taking that plunge.  So good to hear a happy story.  Well done mate. 

starlet
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks Brett.

Yes, I'm wery well aware of the safety situation on the Zamboanga Peninsula. I have travelled through all the provinces several times, and also down to Zamboanga City. I have never felt insecure, but always held a low profile, and never annocunce in advance to strangers about our travel schedules.

In March 2012 we had a big garden wedding at a resort in the municipality of Lakewood, Zamboanga del Sur province, about 45 min drive from Pagadian City. The resort is owned by the strong man in the province, governor  Antonio Cerilles. I think it was safe there. Nobody dears to attack him or his property ;-) He has his own private army/security squad... 

And you know what? -The man who married us was the mayor of Lakewood, a brother-in-law of governor Cerilles.

Then safe back in Norway, I read in the news that a police station near by was attacked only a week after our wedding with bombs, and 3 or 4 policemen where killed.

Edited by starlet
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

My current one:

I was swimming in a pool and she jumped in, wrapped her arms around my neck and asked if I would take her home.

I said no, because she was supposed to be with my friend who was staring daggers at me in the pool.  So she asked for me number.  I said no, out of respect for my friend.  Three days later she found and contacted me on facebook so I called my friend and told him I was gonna date her and she is still with me 3 months later.  Either I am a chick magnet or its not hard to find a girl here.  

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Either I am a chick magnet or its not hard to find a girl here.
Perhaps both  :)
  • Like 3

nigelmac
Posted
Posted

I met her online. She's the best thing that happens to my life and I'm so excited to be with her forever. :)

Her or him? You say your female. I suspect your getting your post count up, come on tell me! Wont matter anyway as I put you on permanent moderation.   :cheersty:

Hello fun-to-be with may I ask you a question and please do not take any offense as their is none meant, as a gay couple does your partners family still try to pump you for money as seems to be the case for lets say traditional male/female couples when there is an expat involved? If this question sounds stupid or naive please excuse me I am not as yet in the PI and its purely out of curiosity

jpbago
Posted
Posted

There are many gay/lesbians, who dress as straights, so often isn't it that obvious. Otherwice they would get harder to find people, with failing "gay-radar" *  to Jerry Springer show   :)

* straight marrying an obvious gay (DRESSING straight) without understanding he is gay.

Some of the players in the Swedish female national team in soccer/football are lesbians. Some are obvious lebians, but one my "gay-radar" failed to see, but harder to see at female football players, because most of the straight females walk as men too   :)

I was hoping to get a more "hands on" answer from some of the lesbians on this forum. No offence, Thomas