medasman
Posted
Posted

I met mine through a friend who married her friend and they introduced me 

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I was hoping to get a more "hands on" answer from some of the lesbians on this forum. No offence, Thomas
I hope you can get that TOO   :)    I just added some related facts I know.
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...
Methersgate
Posted
Posted

She walked up to me in a bar, said I was "gwapo" and gave me her phone number.

True! 

(It was a non-girly bar and she and her sister were recruiting foreign extras for a film. It was in fact the friend I was with, rather than I, whom she said was "gwapo", but, she being the prettiest and funniest woman I had ever seen, I.... reacted like a stunned mullet, until my friend hissed at me "Don't just stand there - ask her out!")

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
as a non-girly bar and she and her sister were recruiting foreign extras for a film. It was in fact the friend I was with, rather than I, whom she said was "gwapo", but, she being the prettiest and funniest woman I had ever seen, I.... reacted like a stunned mullet, until my friend hissed at me "Don't just stand there - ask her out!")

LOL I'm terminally shy so I can relate mate, Jake is much the same from what I gather from his posts!  It's a wonder I ever hooked up with anyone. ever!  Sometimes, it's really good to be on the receiving end of a more forthright woman.  Really glad you gave this thread a "bump" too; would love to hear the stories of some of our newer members and some updates from the old hands.  

Hewy09
Posted
Posted

Well I'm kind of ashamed to say that I met mine on the internet. Not a dateing site but a less than reputable site. I am however very happy to say it's we have been married for over 3 years and I can't be happier to have her as my beautiful asawa.

Sent from my iPhone. buhay ay mahusay na! magsaya.

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted

as a non-girly bar and she and her sister were recruiting foreign extras for a film. It was in fact the friend I was with, rather than I, whom she said was "gwapo", but, she being the prettiest and funniest woman I had ever seen, I.... reacted like a stunned mullet, until my friend hissed at me "Don't just stand there - ask her out!")

LOL I'm terminally shy so I can relate mate, Jake is much the same from what I gather from his posts!  It's a wonder I ever hooked up with anyone. ever!  Sometimes, it's really good to be on the receiving end of a more forthright woman.  Really glad you gave this thread a "bump" too; would love to hear the stories of some of our newer members and some updates from the old hands.  

For the benefit of the newer members, I will bump this thread again with my humble encounter of my wife Judy (1984).

http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/15703-old-school-courtship/#entry94143

The ugly carabao -- Jake

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

That's a terrific story, Jake!

(K has faint, but visible, freckles, which I think are unusual for a Filipina.)

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

I met my wife in January 1990.  She was out for Friday dinner and drinks with a female friend who asked her to come visit her ex-officemate who just had a baby.  That friend's ex-officemate happened to be my brother's then wife.

I stopped by my brother's place to drop off something when I saw her across the room - pardon the cliché, but it was love at first sight.  Well-timed too...she had just broken up with her French-Canadian boyfriend.

We were both going away on vacation the following week - she to Mexico and me to the Dominican Republic, but I found a way to meet her when she got back.  I started dating her, and was convinced very soon after that she was the woman I must have been waiting for.  Proposed to her in April, and wangled a Catholic wedding in July of the same year (no small feat considering they want you to wait a year here).  Our 24th anniversary is coming up soon.  I couldn't wait for our 25th, so I arranged to renew our vows while in Rome for our 20th.

• Like 5

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
K has faint, but visible, freckles, which I think are unusual for a Filipina.

My wife freckles up when she gets some sun.  If it weren't for the freckles, she probably wouldn't bother with sunblock.  One time in Cuba, she looked down at her thighs and was dismayed that the freckles had sprouted!

She's fair-skinned, and in her youth, had natural reddish tints in her hair.  I guess freckles come with the territory.

She has recently sworn off hair colour and is coaxing her gray out.  To help with the transition, she has also had her very long hair trimmed down to a very short bob.  So far, we are pleased with the change.  She was afraid that the gray would age her, but not thus far.

• Like 2