Kid Pickpockets Thieves At The Elizabeth Mall Cebu City

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted

I just wanted to give the heads up that there are kids pickpocketing / thieving around the Elizabeth mall and the South Bus Station. My partner and I were carrying a heavy box between us on the way to the bus station and my TAO decided to walk behind me instead of in front of me. Only moments after we changed position, some kids snuck up on her and tried to pick her hand bag. Luckily she felt it and shooed them off but they hung around in plain sight waiting for another victim.

Where were the police when yo want them? Never seen them near the bus station where foreigners often go. Oh well...It's More Fun in the Philippines

• Like 1

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

I just wanted to give the heads up that there are kids pickpocketing / thieving around the Elizabeth mall and the South Bus Station. My partner and I were carrying a heavy box between us on the way to the bus station and my TAO decided to walk behind me instead of in front of me. Only moments after we changed position, some kids snuck up on her and tried to pick her hand bag. Luckily she felt it and shooed them off but they hung around in plain sight waiting for another victim.

Where were the police when yo want them? Never seen them near the bus station where foreigners often go. Oh well...It's More Fun in the Philippines

I always thought this was an on-going problem. I always mind my wallet when back in Cebu.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

I have never had any problems in Manila w/these "kids" just a few squirts of PEPPER Spray/Mace,

some just the Sight of the can,,

they magically seem to leave me alone

• 1 month later...
TedDBayer
Posted
Posted (edited)

I always carry my wallet and cell phone in my front pockets, not really comfortable. I had a bigger kid come and grab me, in Cebu, saying ''my friend'', tried to grab both of my arms, I thought it was a girl at first and a kid tried to pick my back pocket, I wear tighter jeans, all he got was some foil off my cigs.

Edited by TedDBayer

robert k
Posted
Posted

I wear cargo pants with velcro or button pockets on the front, fairly comfortable. When my fiancee sits on my lap I have not had to ask her to turn the other cheek because she was sitting on my keys, cell or whatever. :)