Bars In Subic

alsuave
Posted
Posted

Are there any good daytime bars in Subic (not looking for girly bars) where you can drink beer and chill on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon? It's a beach town right, there's gotta be something.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

A lot of expats like to go to Vasco's.  It is on Argonaut, south of Rizal, away from the main area.  Nice dining area overlooking the bay.  I need to get down there more often.  I heard the food is good too but I have not tried it yet.

• Like 3

bows00
Posted
Posted

One of my favorite bars was Route 69. 

It is run by an American expat and there were lots of elderly expats there in the afternoon.  Go have a few beers and judge for yourself.  People are friendly and I had a great time - solo.  Now I don't think it's a girly bar, but there were definitely some cute waitresses and bartenders to keep your eyes wandering!   Will definitely go back... had a great time there!

• Like 4

alsuave
Posted
Posted

A lot of expats like to go to Vasco's.  It is on Argonaut, south of Rizal, away from the main area.  Nice dining area overlooking the bay.  I need to get down there more often.  I heard the food is good too but I have not tried it yet.

Sounds good, I'll check it out.

One of my favorite bars was Route 69. 

It is run by an American expat and there were lots of elderly expats there in the afternoon.  Go have a few beers and judge for yourself.  People are friendly and I had a great time - solo.  Now I don't think it's a girly bar, but there were definitely some cute waitresses and bartenders to keep your eyes wandering!   Will definitely go back... had a great time there!

Is this place in Barretto?

• Like 1

jon1
Posted
Posted (edited)

Route 69 is in Barretto. There are a couple of small bars that cater to retirees without bar girls. Westpac, VFW and a couple of others that the names escape me (been a while).

Harley's is a nice sports bar type pub in Baloy beach (just past Barretto).

Vasco's is a great spot within the Freeport.

Edited by jon1
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

My favourite is the Blue Rock resort.  Nice open air bar and they have the floating bar on the bay too.  Relaxed, easy going, not a girlie bar and the prices are right.  Owned by an Aussie.  The Miss Blue Rock pageant is on there in a couple of days; great fun and much eye candy and the local ladies take it very seriously. Just jump in a trike anywhere in Barretto and ask for it; it's only a couple of minutes from anywhere.

http://www.bluerocksubic.com/

Sheavens resort is a nice one too.  The resort itself is rated 4 star and has a very nice family friendly atmosphere around the bar/pool/restaurant area that over looks the bay and the food is excellent.  The manager will go out his way to make your sojourn pleasant.  A little more pricey than some but very modern since the renovations if you're over the "old world charm" of some of the local drinking spots.  It's just up the lane from the Blue Rock. 

http://www.sheavens.com/location.php

Edit: Both resort's bars and restaurants are open to the public.

Double edit:  Both resorts are off the main road so you never suffer the endless noise coming from there at night. 

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...
Methersgate
Posted
Posted

I am a sort of regular (i,e., every few months, when in town) at Vascos, and have been for years. I like the place and like the interesting

American owner, who has a background in wreck diving. It is warranted non-girly, does a good breakfast, but the cooking and service is a bit "hit or miss". However, that is made up for by the view. Try the green Thai curry.

• Like 2

jon1
Posted
Posted

Methersgate, Brian (Vasco's owner) is an Aussie. :) The curry is probably the best item on the menu. 

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks for the correction. I wasn't sure, and should not have been so categorical!

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
lefties43332
Posted
Posted

Rate 69closed

• Like 1