2 Foreign Tourists Killed As Bus Falls Into Ravine In Mountain Province

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Here's another sad one very close to where I live. A van carrying disabled children to hospital appts in Cebu City passing a tricycle on a blind curve in the rain. 3 dead.

http://www.philstar.com/cebu-news/2014/02/14/1290254/van-hits-truck-3-dead-10-hurt

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Had to read through that article a few times. They arrested the driver of the truck. Something is not making sense in the article.

Then again there is no sense in these types of tragedies.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

No matter who is at apparent fault the driver is always detained if there are serious injuries. He/she is held for 24 hrs, if the victim or relatives don't file a complaint they are released.  

• 3 weeks later...
jpbago
Posted
Posted

And another one but I don't understand how this one happened. The yellow Ceres bus was going north and the blue bus was going south. They are both smashed on the passenger or right side where the doors are. The Ceres bus was in the wrong lane. Did the Ceres bus go on the extreme left to hit the blue bus on the right side coming towards it?

http://www.visayandailystar.com/

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

And another one but I don't understand how this one happened. The yellow Ceres bus was going north and the blue bus was going south. They are both smashed on the passenger or right side where the doors are. The Ceres bus was in the wrong lane. Did the Ceres bus go on the extreme left to hit the blue bus on the right side coming towards it?

http://www.visayandailystar.com/

I have added the photo as I cant tell. maybe some one can determine what happen?

post-1293-0-89400500-1394039459_thumb.jp

Mike S
Posted
Posted

When getting into an accident in the Philippines the laws make no sense what so ever ..... it is the person or company with the most money that pays regardless whose fault it was .... here several months ago a car full of drunk men passed a truck only to plow head on into a bus coming the other way .... who paid .... yup the bus company .... they had to pay all the expenses ...... this to me is just wrong .... you know I'm sorry as hell that the families of the drunks didn't have the money to pay for the stupidity of their kin ..... but to make someone else pay is stupid .... but then that's they way it is here in the Phils ...... JMHO

:cheersty: 

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

When getting into an accident in the Philippines the laws make no sense what so ever ..... it is the person or company with the most money that pays regardless whose fault it was .... here several months ago a car full of drunk men passed a truck only to plow head on into a bus coming the other way .... who paid .... yup the bus company .... they had to pay all the expenses ...... this to me is just wrong .... you know I'm sorry as hell that the families of the drunks didn't have the money to pay for the stupidity of their kin ..... but to make someone else pay is stupid .... but then that's they way it is here in the Phils ...... JMHO

:cheersty:

Just wondering Mike... Was that the same one the bus driver was so wasted on Shabu he couldn't walk after? I know they check the bus drivers and any drugs in the blood puts the bus company at fault automatically now.

Sent by using a very long piece of string, a couple tin cans, 2 gaseous monkeys, Tapatalk and my Nexus 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Here's another sad one very close to where I live. A van carrying disabled children to hospital appts in Cebu City passing a tricycle on a blind curve in the rain. 3 dead.

http://www.philstar.com/cebu-news/2014/02/14/1290254/van-hits-truck-3-dead-10-hurt

Seems to me in many of these accidents that speed is a factor which I bet has a lot to do with many people can not drive or should not drive in the Philippines. They can not comprehend wet roads, bends etc and speed means nothing to them. Yes I sound negative to the Filipino drivers here but they take too many risks thinking to save money we will drive on tires that are bald or no lights to save the generator or battery.

What the answer is I have no idea, more education, stricter enforcement of the law or maybe give it up as a lost cause.  :(

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Seems to me in many of these accidents that speed is a factor which I bet has a lot to do with many people can not drive or should not drive in the Philippines. They can not comprehend wet roads, bends etc and speed means nothing to them. Yes I sound negative to the Filipino drivers here but they take too many risks thinking to save money we will drive on tires that are bald or no lights to save the generator or battery.

What the answer is I have no idea, more education, stricter enforcement of the law or maybe give it up as a lost cause.  :(

The Senate president is working on a plan to reduce deaths from vehicle accidents.

"The senate president pro-tempore also emphasized the need for a massive street lighting program specifically on underpasses and tunnels."

This will help the clever ones who drive with their lights off to save fuel.

http://manilatimes.net/breaking_news/filipinos-more-likely-to-die-in-road-mishaps-than-of-diabetes-or-tb/

In all honesty, the traffic laws are in place but there is no enforcement or deterrents.

• Like 1

sjp52
Posted
Posted

They need to penalize the companies so that they in turn make sure their driver drive responsible. I mean big fines.