Australian Banned In Rp For Abusing Wife

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

And yet another foreigner bannedAustralian banned in RP for abusing wife http://globalnation.inquirer.net/news/news...or-abusing-wife

Mik
Posted
Posted

Someone can be blacklisted solely on the word of another person without due process. Be careful who you make angry.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
And yet another foreigner bannedAustralian banned in RP for abusing wife http://globalnation.inquirer.net/news/news...or-abusing-wife
Since it was filed in Australia the only advantage of getting him banned would be so that she can return to the Philippines and stop him from following.I don't think there is a law to say he has to declare his past to her but there is a law to preventing him from being violent to her.If he has assets then she will get her share and be protected from him in the Philippines,even if it is not true about the violence she is still safe to gain her share of his assets.There could be more to this story than we will ever know.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Since it was filed in Australia the only advantage of getting him banned would be so that she can return to the Philippines and stop him from following.I don't think there is a law to say he has to declare his past to her but there is a law to preventing him from being violent to her.If he has assets then she will get her share and be protected from him in the Philippines,even if it is not true about the violence she is still safe to gain her share of his assets.There could be more to this story than we will ever know.
There always is more to every story, but the main point I was trying to make with this post is, that this seems to be happening more and more and I think the more it happens, the more people will get ideas in their heads to use it to prevent some of us from entering the Philippines. So guy, tread lightly when talking to a Filipino or Filipina, because it seems all they have to do is tell BI to ban you and you might end up banned.

TheMason
Posted
Posted
There always is more to every story, but the main point I was trying to make with this post is, that this seems to be happening more and more and I think the more it happens, the more people will get ideas in their heads to use it to prevent some of us from entering the Philippines. So guy, tread lightly when talking to a Filipino or Filipina, because it seems all they have to do is tell BI to ban you and you might end up banned.
Since we don't know how many requests for blacklisting are denied, we don't really know frequent or easy it is to get someone blacklisted. That is why I dislike stories like this being highlighted. Without the complete picture, stories like this just whip up hysteria and give a distorted view of life here in the Philippines.