Pharmarcy

jpbago
Posted
Don
Posted
Posted

I take prescription tablets Diabex XR , METFORMIN  HCL  ER  (DIAFIRMIN XR)   and glaucoma prevention eye drops LATANOPROST (SANDOZ)  

Will I be able to purchase in Cebu ?

Cheers

Don 

Lou49
Posted
Posted

I take prescription tablets Diabex XR , METFORMIN  HCL  ER  (DIAFIRMIN XR)   and glaucoma prevention eye drops LATANOPROST (SANDOZ)  

Will I be able to purchase in Cebu ?

Cheers

Don

Do not count on being able to buy western meds anywhere in the PI. You may or may not be able to find them if they are " in stock ". Bring any critical meds with you. Ask me how i know this.....

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

I have to slightly disagree with Lou. Its true you might not be able to buy the "brand" name you are used to. But Mercury drug chain seems to have generics of just about everything. My wife who is diabetic, brought all her meds from the states, we wrote down the names of what she needed, took it to the pharmacy and got the normal "Sir, we do not have this brand, but we have the generic". So far so good. I personally am not on meds (knock on wood) but so far any medicine my wife has needed we have been able to get. The best news I have found is that most meds are pretty cheap by western standards. We don't even bother to send our bills to our insurance for payment. 

Tell you what, if you want to PM me with EXACTLY what your looking for, ill saunter down to the pharmacy and ask them.

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted

A pharmacist gave me an antibiotic for an infection. I started to get numbness in my feet and thighs (before I started drinking) so I googled it to find out that it was banned in the rest of the world in 2001 yet it is being sold here in PI. Do your own research.

Throat infections are common due to the pollution. Other posts have recommended using an anti bacterial gargle that you can buy here.

If your meds are critical, bring them with you. Out of stock is a common answer here for many things.

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

I have to slightly disagree with Lou. Its true you might not be able to buy the "brand" name you are used to. But Mercury drug chain seems to have generics of just about everything. My wife who is diabetic, brought all her meds from the states, we wrote down the names of what she needed, took it to the pharmacy and got the normal "Sir, we do not have this brand, but we have the generic". So far so good. I personally am not on meds (knock on wood) but so far any medicine my wife has needed we have been able to get. The best news I have found is that most meds are pretty cheap by western standards. We don't even bother to send our bills to our insurance for payment. 

Tell you what, if you want to PM me with EXACTLY what your looking for, ill saunter down to the pharmacy and ask them.

Hey guys,

Somewhere on this forum, there was another discussion about how much meds you can bring if they happen

to search your bags.  I believe it was about 3 months worth of various bottles, as long as you have a written

memo from your home doctor, authorizing you to carry that amount.  Any updates or correction to this?

Many of us (and wifes) are diabetic combined with a heart condition.  This may be too much information but

now I need an additional item.  While I'm waiting for my urologist to schedule a procedure to reduce the size

of my prostate, I need to self catheter myself at least 6 times a day.  It's the only way to drain my bladder by

inserting this flexible tube up my little Herman.

At first, I flatly said hell NO.....I ain't stickin' nothin' up there.  But my female urologist ordered me behind closed

doors where they demonstrated the procedure for self catheter.  Perhaps I should describe this on another new

topic called TMI.  The female nurse was professional and very strict but her touch was very soothing.....he, he.  

She finally broke out laughing when I declined her offer of various size and shape of panty shields.  I wanted

the thong cut but she didn't have any.  

I could just imagine If I ask the ladies behind the Mercury counter to demonstrate this self catheter procedure

on me!  They would probably haul me out in a straight jacket.

I get no respect sometimes -- Jake

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted (edited)

Let me go with you when you do ask Jake, seeing that all the girls behind the counters are in their mid 20's, cute as buttons, and usually modest as all get out. I want to take a u tube of it lolol.

in fact we could move this to the "where you look for a wife topic" Mercury girls,,,mostly single, all good looking, educated with a job.....

Edited by scott h
  • Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
While I'm waiting for my urologist to schedule a procedure to reduce the size of my prostate
Have you tried the Philippine NATURAL med against prostate problems?  I don't remember but perhaps it's made of malunggay.

earthdome
Posted
Posted
The best news I have found is that most meds are pretty cheap by western standards.

I found the exact opposite for the prescription meds I take, which are relatively common. They cost much more in the Philippines.

The meds I use I could get a one month supply at Walmart for $4 or $7 usually. In the US my meds cost me maybe $25/month. In the Philippines they cost me $100/month. And that is with asking for generics where possible. I do have an HSA so I can at least spend tax free $$$ on my meds which gives me a 15-20% savings from not having to pay income tax on that money.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Well Earth, I must confess, I don't take any meds myself, and all my wife's where free in the states. The prices just seemed reasonable to me. So once again I am talking out of my hat :bash: .