Cheap Exit Air Ticket ?

MikeB
Posted
Posted
So I went to Air Asia's website to book it. However, they forced me to pay for at 20kg of luggage which made the ticket up to $50 USD, I think. Since I am going to throw it away, why pay for luggage?

You can deselect the Add-on, just select "No checked bag". You also have to Cancel the travel insurance they try to trick you into getting. I found a fare MNL-BKI on April 15 for p1516 total.

Alby
Posted
Posted

So I went to Air Asia's website to book it. However, they forced me to pay for at 20kg of luggage which made the ticket up to $50 USD, I think. Since I am going to throw it away, why pay for luggage?

You can deselect the Add-on, just select "No checked bag". You also have to Cancel the travel insurance they try to trick you into getting. I found a fare MNL-BKI on April 15 for p1516 total.

You are right! I tend to miss these things. I should have known it because really people can travel without luggage? -- My bad.

The thing is, I was researching the throw-away ticket when I booked my way one ticket from the USA to the Philippines over Philippine Airlines. I thought they had nothing to do with eachother. However, PAL phoned me back (after I booked it online) and told me that I can't fly with just a one way ticket?

So, I told them give me few minutes to find my out of Philippines ticket and I will call you back.

I booked that throw-away in 5 minutes and called them back. They took all the details of it first, then they said, now we can issue you one!

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Cheap Exit Air Ticket ?

If someone have hard to find a cheap throw away ticket, which isn't sold out,

a FERRY ticket to e g HongKong can be an alternative.

• Like 1

Alby
Posted
Posted

Cheap Exit Air Ticket ?

Good idea Tom!

But then, where would one find a ferry ticket online?

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Cheap Exit Air Ticket ?

Good idea Tom!

But then, where would one find a ferry ticket online?

I don't know. I haven't searched for abroad ferry tickets myself

(because I will go to Sweden now and then anyway to visit my parents as long as they are alive, so I think using that as return ticket, if I know long time enough in advance when I will go next, and after a year or so I aim at 13a Visa. Not needing return ticket with 13a or other long time stay VISA, I suppouse.)

Someone - I have forgot who - talked about the ferry to HongKong/Malaysia throw away tickets, so I suppouse he got them somehow  :)

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

Don't forget to add on all the extra changes...

Baggage handling fee, domestic charges, airport tax, Twinkies for the aircrew tax...

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Edited by I am bob

Alby
Posted
Posted

Don't forget to add on all the extra changes...

Baggage handling fee, domestic charges, airport tax, Twinkies for the aircrew tax...

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

I bet!

With all kinds of %$*&@! fees they add to just a Visa, I am sure they do the same to the whole process.

I picture it like swimming with Piranhas :) Every body want's a bite!

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted

I just got a ticket Cebu Air "Cebu to Hongkong" leaving 23rd October 2014. Once I managed (and it ain't easy) to deselect all the preselected options, I ended up with a ticket for 1611P. I'm sure I could do better but it'll do for now. Tiger Air had a better deal for "Clark - Hongkong"  at first glance but killed it with a 250P booking fee.

I was quite lucky with my first exit ticket with Air Asia to HK valid for 10 months as they cancelled the flight and refunded my money :cheersty:. What are the chances of that happening again  :dreams:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Air Asia Cebu to Kota Kinabula, got one in January this year was 800pesos, did see a promo for same flight 1pesos yes I read it right, with add ons, so would probably work out much the same, anyway have a look, have promo's all the time.

That`s the same throwaway ticket I got and the cheapest I could find.

• Like 1