Tourist Visa Extension Now Requires A Picture

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

The new form now requires a 2 X 2 color photo on white background.  Has anybody done this yet?  I guess if you what to get an extension upon arrival at the airport, you better get the pics and form done before you fly.

Here is the form:

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/images/FORMS/VariousApplicationsForms/CGAF%20for%20Tourist%20Visa%20Extension.pdf

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I was just there 2 weeks ago (Iloilo) and still got the old form.  Really can't imagine why they need a pic every time.  A pic is already on my ACR.   I guess I will get a bunch of pics at the mall.... good thing they are cheap.

• Like 1

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted

Same here, 2 weeks ago and no photo requirement. Same old same same. See what happens when I have to renew again. Will it be a requirement to carry photos to extend on arrival at the airport?

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)
Will it be a requirement to carry photos to extend on arrival at the airport?

I flew into NAIA about 6 weeks ago, got a just-in-case extension, old form then (just in case my multi-week lotto entry comes good :P).

Don't suppose it's too much of a hassle to carry some I guess and as Tuka said, they're cheap. 

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Don't suppose it's too much of a hassle to carry some

Thats what I thought, but a friend had his renewal in Duma and they told him the pics have to be dated and taken within 3 months so it is a hassle to get new pics taken every 3 months.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have never had to fill out a form at NAIA for the first extension.

The first part of the new form asks Months Requested but you can't get months at arrival, only 29 days. Next to that it asks Months Stayed, well you haven't even got through immigration yet. Doh!!

Maybe this form is for when you go to the local BI.

Do you still need a copy of your passport picture page?

Edited by jpbago
  • Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
Thats what I thought, but a friend had his renewal in Duma and they told him the pics have to be dated and taken within 3 months so it is a hassle to get new pics taken every 3 months.

Yeah true. 

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted (edited)

Went on Sat the 8th, have changed the forms, same as before but different, go figure, need a picture and as Dave said must be within 3 months time limit, just filled in the form gave them passport and pic ( they glued for me) , so I guess will have to get new pics every other time do an extension. More fun in the Phils

Edited by Frosty

Alby
Posted
Posted

I have never had to fill out a form at NAIA for the first extension.

The first part of the new form asks Months Requested but you can't get months at arrival, only 29 days. Next to that it asks Months Stayed, well you haven't even got through immigration yet. Doh!!

Maybe this form is for when you go to the local BI.

Do you still need a copy of your passport picture page?

Did you mean that one can or could not get the 6 months extension visa when he lands in NAIA airport? Or is it only 30 days period, on landing?

I will be flying to Manila from the US for first time and would like to have the longest possible tourist visa. So, is it possible at the airport?

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
and they told him the pics have to be dated and taken within 3 months so it is a hassle to get new pics taken every 3 months.

Humm,you need photos and dont want to take them every 3months,,,,

why not,,,, take various photos at the same time,

do this. 1st set your wearing a "BLUE collar-less/polo "shirt

2nd set "PURPLE polo type shirt" 

3rd set WHITE t-shirt

of course have  a straight BLANK/mug shot expression

hair(if you have any) slightly different for each "set" 

then on the date of the BI visit wear that WHITE/BLUE/PURPLE shirt.

maybe this can be a simple solution to this new requirement  1%20%28103%29.gif

• Like 3