Tourist Visa Extension Now Requires A Picture

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Jpbago, it just goes to show how much money you can save if you have a steady job, no vices and no kids. :)

I thought that nuns were supposed to have nun or get nun. Should change their names to Lots.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

That's where the no kids part comes in. :) Nun.

Alby
Posted
Posted

Just got back from Citbank after ordering 5000 p for the trip. Here is how it went...

The teller was an idiot with an attitude, first. He didn't ask about about the kind of an account I had coz each has a different fees/rates. He just went ahead with it.

He said it would cost me 118.86 USD for 5000 p. So when I said it's fine he started typing on his keyboard. Then while he was typing he said, Oh...and it will cost you 5 extra dollars for service charge!

At this point, I was kind of upset with him. First, he should have asked what account I had, second he should have told me, in advance, how much the whole thing would cost and not just throw fees at me as he was processing it.

So, I said, I have a citigold account with you and there should be no service charge plus, the exchange rate should be the preferred rate.

The idiot apologized (they all do) and said, Oh sorry I didn't know (idiots never know nothing anyway) :)

In any case, the rate was 0.02377260 for 5000p = 118.86 USD and it will be delivered by Fedex to my place.

I think he over-charged me coz the rate was not in my favor by about 2 dollars.

Now that I am thinking about it, I might not ask for the extension at the airport coz of the two pics. It's much easier to extend when I am in Davao. I think the BI is close to some city mall (Gaisano or Victoria). So, I will do it there.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Wow, Alby.  Sounds like a typical visit to any bank in the Philippines.  No joke.  At least you are acclimatized to that now.

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
In any case, the rate was 0.02377260 for 5000p = 118.86 USD and it will be delivered by Fedex to my place. I think he over-charged me coz the rate was not in my favor by about 2 dollars.

I've always found the exchange rates at banks, in whatever country, to be terrible compared to other sources.  Bank of Queensland charges $20AUD/100!  If in desperation before leave I need PHP (visa extensions etc) I shoot down to the Travelex at Coolangatta airport; it's about 5PHP below other sources but at least I'm not being stung with the ludicrous bank charges.

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)

When I bought pisos for my first trip I got a horrible rate of 37 per USD when the forex rate was 43 to 1. Thankfully no service charge because of the type of account I have. That honorable discharge is good for something after all. :)

Glad I had the pisos, to extend at the airport, pay taxi, and so forth. It cushioned the shock that my Chase bank cards were only good at China Bank and Allied Bank ATM's (only ones I found). I kept 6k php for my return.

Edited by robert k

Alby
Posted
Posted

Wow, Alby.  Sounds like a typical visit to any bank in the Philippines.  No joke.  At least you are acclimatized to that now.

And I had thought I was too much when I said it!

Actually, you can find idiots every where in this world. I blame management for hiring them though!

In the Philippines, you are right. I will see more coz mainly people there don't ve haaccess to the means that people, in the US, have!

Americano
Posted
Posted

Jpbago, it just goes to show how much money you can save if you have a steady job, no vices and no kids. :)

I thought that nuns were supposed to have nun or get nun. Should change their names to Lots.

Don't kid yourself nuns have sex too, maybe not with males but they always have other female nuns available.

Americano
Posted
Posted

You can make your picture on most phones. The picture will be on the memory card so you can print it on your home computer or if you don't have a printer most Internet Cafes can print the picture using your memory card.

Providing a picture has always been the easiest requirement for me.

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

Went to Immigration Friday. As has been said form has changed to a consolidated visa renewal form.  Had photos taken in the office. 5 photos 100php good for three months.  Got my ACR card renewed at the same time.  Was issued at the same time as my passport.  Total cost 5571php.  At the end of the month the cost of the ACR card goes up by about 500php.  Total time at immigration 1hour 20 minutes.  It takes an hour to do the passport and ACR card.  Then went on LRT to Libertad from Lawton 15php and a very pleasant trip. 

• Like 3